Reverse polarity

There was another thread I shared this.
Your mother told you to get that knife outta the toaster.

Well done. :cool:

Thanks Robert!
I add it on my reports where I observe H/N reverse.

Just to add a point…and I should not say this as I am sure to blow up my laptop right after I make this statement. We do not care about the laptop (which I happen to believe does not matter these days) as we are very concerned about the issues that have been stated in terms of lamps and so on.

However, we also have to remember that some older drills and other tools have a circuit design that if reverse polarized could cause the device to come on under it’s own desires (my way of saying…provide electricity and it desires to work). So it is not always just a floor lamp issue…and also keep in mind that reverse polarity can happen at other locations other than floor lamps and such where you plug into receptacles.

One of the things I liked to do (former life, call me crazy, many have before) but on older homes I would TICK the bases of all ceiling luminaries (if metal) just in case. In older homes it was very common to find energized luminaries at their metal base…not to add that to your list of things to do…but in older homes I always did it just to check.

Just to add a point…and I should not say this as I am sure to blow up my laptop right after I make this statement. We do not care about the laptop (which I happen to believe does not matter these days) as we are very concerned about the issues that have been stated in terms of lamps and so on.

However, we also have to remember that some older drills, some older appliances, and other tools have a circuit design that if reverse polarized could cause the device to come on under it’s own desires (my way of saying…provide electricity and it desires to work). So it is not always just a floor lamp issue…and also keep in mind that reverse polarity can happen at other locations other than floor lamps and such where you plug into receptacles.

One of the things I liked to do (former life, call me crazy, many have before) but on older homes I would TICK the bases of all ceiling luminaries (if metal) just in case. In older homes it was very common to find energized luminaries at their metal base…not to add that to your list of things to do…but in older homes I always did it just to check.