RHEEM new install with filter that doesnt seem to fit

Inspected this brand new modular home…the filter in the housing seemed small (wrong size). Reported it as too small and not sealing correctly and referred to HVAC technician for evaluation.

A couple weeks later was hired for a re-inspection. Found all of the items on the home were repaired except for the HVAC filter.

Now, a few weeks later, I come to find that they are asking for another re-inspection and I find out that the seller is saying the HVAC filter is the correct size called for with that unit.

I’ll attach pics …

I asked for the owners manual for the unit and waiting to hear back…

Clearly it’s the wrong size filter. Ask homeowner for his documentation stating that’s it is the correct size filter.

1 Like

Measure it and see what the size really is.

1 Like

I would just report on it not fitting and move along.

3 Likes

Right size, wrong design? Those low Merv flimsy piece-o-shit filters are crappola! Being a new build home, it likely requires a Merv5+ filter which has a more beefy frame, (and are also 2x-3x the price)!!

1 Like

You don’t design a duct system for the use of a Walmart filter!

Go to an HVAC Supply and get a case of the right sized filters so you have them available.

Increasing the MERV may require a larger filter/rack. Increasing the negative static pressure of the return will cause all kinds of problems to include compressor failure. I see it all the time… People don’t change filters and they will do it even less if the filter costs 2x-3x the price.

HVAC Air Filters are not to clean the air in the house, they are to keep from having to clean the evaporator coil as often. High density filters must be changed more often, and cost a lot more.

2 Likes