Ride Along/Mentoring in MA

I have recently completed the 75 hours of in class training that the state of MA requires and have also passed the national exam. I am attempting to connect with an licensed inspector in my area that is willing to work with new inspectors to satisfy the number of supervised inspections that the my state requires. I have been cold calling inspectors in my area, but have not had any success yet.
If there are any inspectors in the Western MA area that may be willing to provide some training I would love an opportunity to connect with you. I am a very fast learner and am eager to start my new career as a home inspector.

Welcome to our forum, Adam!..Enjoy, the water is usually fine! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

You said you were cold calling. Maybe this will help you:

Contact some CMIs or CPIs within 40 to 50 miles, or closer, to your area and communicate with them. Maybe one, or more, will help you. Some inspectors feel as though they are training their competition by ride-alongs or mentoring or hiring.

Here is the link for CMIs: Find a Certified Master Inspector®

And the link for CPIs: Find Certified Home Inspectors Near You - InterNACHI®

And Mentors: Home Inspector Mentoring - InterNACHI® and https://www.nachi.org/my/mentoring

Also, you may want to take advantage of your Education Team at education@internachi.org for specific questions e.g. 15 Steps to Become a Successful Home Inspector - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® Master Class for Home Inspectors .

And there is the Helpful How-To Videos - InterNACHI® for many other things.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Adam. Enjoy!! :smiley: wear a life vest. The water gets rough

1 Like

Like this??? :crazy_face: :wink:

Thanks Larry, I have already made an excel sheet with all the inspectors in my area and have started cold calling and emailing. I tried looking for a local chapter of InterNachi but there aren’t any in my area/state. I also checked out the Mentoring site but again, nothing in my state. Just have to keep grinding it out with the cold calls and networking. Its nice to know that there is a very supportive network on Internachi.

1 Like

You’re welcome, Adam.