RIDING SHOTGUN

Originally Posted By: Derek Brandt
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

RIDING SHOTGUN

I completed a 12month online academic diploma course (only theory) through a college in Washington DC. I'm 41 with experience in civil engineering quality control. We came to York, PA from S.Africa in April 2003. At the moment I'm still not allowed to earn an income until my Green card (another 18months) is processed or I can find a company who will employ me and sponsoring me a working permit.

My problem now is that I can't find an Inspector who will let me ride shotgun to gain the practical experience.

Question 1: Is there any Home Inspector inn the York, PA area who are looking for a trainee (I will work for FREE)?

Question 2: Will it be better for me to go and work for a HVAC or electrical contractor - FREE - to gain the necessary experience?

Regards - have a great week!
Derek Brandt

Originally Posted By: Derek Brandt

Thanks to Matt Thomas of NPI in Thomasville, PA for letting me ride-shotgun during his last 50 home inspections. I’m learning a lot from a GREAT inspector.

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: chorne

Hey,

I do not have the experience of riding shotgun,
my personal opinion is just go and do it!
If you do not feel comfortable then you might not be ready

Carla

Originally Posted By: Greg Rice

Interesting point, works if one will really wait until they are comfortable. And then assumes that one is then always comfortable. Interesting.

![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)