Rigid gas piping bridging two living units

Looking for some advice from seasoned HI’s on whether you call this out. This was a 4 unit building I inspected recently. Not sure if it’s even a problem, but it doesn’t seem like a good idea here in Earthquake Country…

I thought I read somewhere that there needs to be a flex connection when running gas utilities from one structure to another.

Don’t know how much seasoning I have but I am older than dirt. Not living in Quake country I can not help you with the flex coupling between building but I would be curious did it have the auto gas shut off or did you check

Thanks for the reply Mr Dirt :D. No auto shut off valve. Not required for residential here, but commercially, yes (in certain jurisdictions). This being a 4 unit, I suppose it qualifies in some respects as a commercial property.