Rob Parker The Inspector

What are you kidding about, the 7 inspections or posting the article?

If I posted it I would be suspended! But who cares given that the board is as dead as the bodies in a funeral home.

I think I’m just kidding about the seven inspections. :twisted:

As you know they often don’t like what I post there as well, but I’ll give it a shot.

Bill Mullen

Ray I have heard that to along with other things they do to keep the agents calling them. I would not send this artical to Maxwell as it does high light one of the cowboys.As for price because of them and few others the rest of us can not raise our prices as we would get no work, they under cut everyone, how ells could you do that meny inspections in one year ( low price, somtimes less than 1hour start to finish,and miss the important stuff when asked by an agent). I have this right from some agents, and they no longer wish to deal with of them , unfortunately these agents are few and far between. As for the artical I’m alittle pissed about it it was my suggestion to the editor I deal with to do the artical and what does he do but put Mark on the front page full colour picture of him filling out the report on the hood of his truck. I have never filled out the report on the hood of truck.

I must admit I was surprised that he got most of the exposure since you write a regular column for them. I know both Mark & his Dad but I have no knowledge about how they conduct business, so I can’t comment.
In my books anyone who cuts prices these days should be shunned by the rest of the industry.
We still have a lot of educating to do with Realtors and the public.

I lost an inspection on a six year old house last week to someone who isn’t even listed anywhere as an inspector but the client was convinced he knew a lot about houses because he worked on construction years ago. I got a call from the vendor the evening after the ‘inspection’ and she wanted me to do a real inspection to refute what was now stigmatizing her house. Apparently this expert had blown the deal because he convinced the client that the ‘cheap, lightweight chipboard’ (his words) floor joists were an accident waiting to happen. It seems the guy hasn’t seen much house construction for a few years.

When you look at our industry, it’s obvious that we are our own worst enemies.

Bill Mullen

Bill I think he slipped them something under the table to get the front page.I understand the youngest one does most if not all the inspections now but can’t find him listed with any association unless he is just an assiociate member of OAHI,I know the other one is an RHI. Heard more complaints about them today from 2 different agents one I have never dealt with before and the other I see from time to time. These are the type of guys that are giving the profession a bad rap and some thing should be done but I’m affraid going to OAHI will do no good and besides right now it is all hear say.

Raymond,
The OAHI site had been down since last night. It is back up now.
The article is now posted on the OAHI site.

Bill, I lost an inspection two weeks ago. I told him this would be at least $1000, but would have to be onsite to visualise the building to give him a firm quote. The buyer freaked and said “I have an inspector that will do it for $200.” I told him I would advise him to steer clear of a person who would do this building for such a price. I told him this sounded like someones desperate attempt to do one inspection this month and the person who quoted this would simply not know what he was doing. I gave him a phone number of an inspector I know who is good and would give him a more professional quote. It was a 6800 square foot commercial building on the main floor with three apartments above. All for the low, low price of $200?

thanks David!

BTW, the PACHI link in the article takes you to OAHI.

It always did before and yesterday it no longer worked .
Glad to see that OAHI reads this BB and some one saw my post and suddenly they activated the link again .

… Cookie