Roberta sent me this comparison of website providers.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/robertascomparisonofwebsiteproviders.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: wdecker

Register.com is still cheaper ($149.00 a year for hosting).

I just used word and designed my own.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: aleleika

All those seem very pricy…what about GoDaddy.com…around $50 a year and no set-up fee or long commitments.

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/default.asp

You can have a word or linux server and have someone else design it or do your own. Just seems more economical in my opinion

--
A. Dan Leleika
www.a-teamhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: wdecker

Dan;

Register.com is more expensive because you own the rights to your domian name for 5 years. You can take it with you if you decuide to change providers. Most don't do that.

Hope this helps.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

wdecker wrote:
Dan;

Register.com is more expensive because you own the rights to your domian name for 5 years. You can take it with you if you decuide to change providers. Most don't do that.

Hope this helps.

Look at go Daddy...you can have a domain for $7 to $9 a year and you can transfer and buy it for multible years

--
A. Dan Leleika

Here is another comparison chart for other hosting companies that include Godaddy and register.com (yes I know this chart is from godaddy and probably biased, But aren’t all comparison charts biased)

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/charts.asp?se=%2B&ci=556

--
A. Dan Leleika

Originally Posted By: jwilliams4

Just yesterday a lady thought $445.00 was a bit pricey, but I para-

phrased ol' JR and she understood what I was saying. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
"not just an inspection, but an education"

Originally Posted By: tgardner

I just checked my own records for xsites/alamode My total cost for two years has been 798.0 total. there were no “startup costs” at all.

tg

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

My site is $70/year. I own my domain names for as long as I want them. They cost $7/year.

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: gporter

I use go daddy.

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com

Larry, the email address from NACHI that you sent to me came back undeliverable at clarkshomeinspection@netscape.com

Here's the information you are looking for.

http://successfulhosting.com

--

Originally Posted By: lclark

Thanks Kevin

" Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."

Originally Posted By: rdulay

Briefly, a couple of things I would like to clarify…

First of all, this analysis was simply a comparison of home inspection website providers. I didn't include regular website hosting companies in this comparison, not because they are cheaper (as everyone is well aware), but because they do not offer full-blown home inspection web sites, only domain registration and hosting. I openly recommend that folks register their own domain names (personally, I prefer GoDaddy for my clients since their interface is easy to work with, and they offer free domain forwarding and cheap email).

Second, if you are Internet savvy and capable of building your own web site in HTML, then you probably shouldn't use an industry-specific vendor for your web site at all. Pay the $9 for a domain name at GoDaddy, get the domain email there, and point your URL to a free business web site on Yahoo - total investment, about $20 plus your time.

Third, the solution providers who specialize in home inspection web sites (A La Mode, Inspection Depot, Home Gauge, etc.) are there to help those who have less time to deal with their web sites and those who are less technically savvy. For this group, I thought that sharing this simple cost analysis, which I already did for my own business, would be beneficial.

Finally, the numbers included in this analysis were based on what was posted on the company's web site and I did include the NACHI discount where applicable. They may or may not be consistent with individual deals folks have, but they should be correct to the last data posted on the individual provider's web sites. If anyone does see an error in my information, please PM me with the URL of the correct pricing and I am happy to verify it and correct the worksheet.

I don't get on the boards too much except for late at night (note the time), but if you have any questions please feel free to PM or IM me.

Regards,

Roberta

--
Affordable web solutions for home inspectors, including complete NACHI web sites for only $75 plus hosting. See http://www.HomeInspectionWebSite.com for more information.

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Some want to hire someone to do everything for them. (Get Roberta)

Some want to hire someone just to get them started. (Get Roberta)

Some have more time and knowledge than money. (Do it yourself thru www.namesecure.com)

Domain Name = $7.49 or less per year ($6.95 per year for 10 years) (Think long term) ($3.99 a year with a hosting package?

Web Hosting = $7.92 per month to $40.00 a month depending on service package. http://www.namesecure.com/pages/web_hosting.jhtml

DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION INFO
(From their website for clarification only)
NameSecure is all about VALUE!
Unlike most registrars that 'nickel-and-dime' you for any add-ons to your domain name, all NameSecure domain name registrations include the most popular add-ons at no additional charge!

The following services are included with every new, renewed, or transferred domain name registration:

Unlimited Web Forwarding
Unlimited E-mail Forwarding
URL Gripper/Domain Masking
One-Page Mini-Site
Lock-Protect Security
Change of Registration Info
Zone File Control

Unlimited Web Forwarding
Unlimited Web Forwarding gives you the ability to point your registered domain name to another domain name, URL, or IP address for seamless redirection of traffic. Traffic that arrives at your registered domain name is automatically forwarded through our computers to another Web address specified by you.

Some companies that give you Web Forwarding frame your destination site with unwanted advertisements (which they'll remove for a fee, of course), but not NameSecure! Our Web Forwarding is unlimited, can be changed as many times as you like, and we don't attach any unwanted ads. And, you can make changes to your NameSecure Web Forwarding setup in just seconds, anytime you like 24x7.

Unlimited E-mail Forwarding
Unlimited E-mail Forwarding lets you arbitrarily, on-the-fly, use an UNLIMITED number of e-mail aliases for any domain name you register with NameSecure's Domain Web Services - ex. ANYTHING@your-chosen-domain.com - and automatically have any e-mail sent to those aliases directed to the e-mail address you specify!

This great feature lets you give specific e-mail addresses to any of your friends, clients, or prospects to make them feel more special - and make your company appear much bigger than it may really be!

E-mail Forwarding is a premium paid service with many of our competitors, but is included FREE with all new, renewed and transferred NameSecure domain name registrations!

And, this service is easily coupled with NameSecure's full-featured POP3 E-mail Services so you can send e-mail messages from your personalized e-mail address (ex. you@your-chosen-domain.com).

URL Gripper/Masking
The URL Gripper/Masking, known also as "masking" or "cloaking", works with Web Forwarding to keep your custom Web address (ex. www.your-chosen-domain.com) in the browser address bar while visitors browse different pages in your site.

This can be used to hide the real addresses of your Web pages either because those addresses are long and complicated (ex. http://members.bigcompany.com/~username/page.html), or because it gives your Web site a more professional appearance. Your visitors will see a cleaner, more memorable address in the browser address bar with the URL Gripper.

And, NameSecure's URL Gripper gives you the ability to define a title, description and keywords for your site - the information that search engines use to accurately catalog your site, and assign relevancy scores which dictate your search engine ranking. You can define Title and Meta tags when the URL Gripper is turned on.

One-Page Mini Site
NameSecure's One-Page Mini-Site is the easy way to create a professional looking home page at your domain name. You simply customize one of several pre-built Web page designs and turn it on. It also requires no knowledge of HTML. (The Mini-Site is an alternative to Web Hosting or Web Forwarding, which attaches your domain name to an existing Web site.)

Using our super easy tool, you can create a professional-looking Web page, which lists your organization name, address, phone number, contact information, and more. It's a great placeholder page to display while you build your real site, or just leave it as your Web page to let customers find you on the Web.

Lock-Protect Security
NameSecure provides an automatic domain lock service to protect your domain name registration at the registry against tampering and theft - at no additional charge.

The Lock-Protect security feature adds an extra layer of protection to your domain name registration when it is turned on. Lock-Protect will guard against unauthorized registrar transfers of your domain name registration, but will not affect your ability to manage your domain name registration, change your DNS, or your registrant information.

The Account Holder can turn the Lock-Protect Security feature on or off at any time through My Account manager.

Change of Registration Info
Unlike some registrars, NameSecure lets you make changes to your domain -- including change of registrant -- at any time, as many times as you like, using the full-featured My Account Manager.

Zone File Control
Zone File Control allows you - the advanced user - to manage your A Records, CNAMEs, MX Records, and nameservers, giving you greater control and flexibility. The Zone File Control system is accessible as part of the My Account interface, so you can access it at any time from anywhere. NameSecure's Zone File Control system will validate your requested changes to the best of its ability, helping to prevent errors. Your changes are committed as soon as you click the button - there is no delay beyond normal propagation!

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: tallen

Erby , You rock!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Namesecure is where I buy my domain names too…it’s a good deal, but really like my webhosting service for all the tracking information it has…I can really dial into where most of my hits are coming from, time of day, keywords used, etc.

Originally Posted By: jnosworthy

Erby, OUTSTANDING HELP!!

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

I believe my page at go daddy is $3.95 a month.

But I am going to try Roberta as I do not want to fool with my web page too much, ok I am not that smart ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)
I will probably leave my $3.95 web page up and just rename it.

For less than $20.00 godaddy has a web page builder. I tried but got frustrated. Maybe someone else has tried it?

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/shared.asp?se=%2B&ci=260
http://www.dwellingdoctors.com/

--
"I used to be disgusted, Now I try to Be amused"-Elvis Costello

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

If you don’t have the knowledge, or the time to learn (and it takes awhile), you’re better off getting something up and running with Roberta or some other provider of your choice, EXCEPT

aprosite or ainspect.

Erby Crofutt

B4U Close Home Inspections

Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: jkormos

Nice Post Erby icon_biggrin.gif