Roof to deck roof connection

Yes, in another picture it clearly shows the deterioration that is a concern.
It is functional as it is but also has drainage issues resulting in wood rot on the deck below. This is why my report read the way it did.

Although functional for the purpose designed for, tearing it down and rebuilding might suit both the construction standards and the Client in a more appeasing manner. ;):mrgreen:

Wayne, I thought I saw some rot in the second picture you posted but I couldn’t tell for sure from the photo alone. I don’t know what you put in your report though, that is why I was asking. I have not experienced too many issues that are completely FUBAR and I want to see how people report these issues.

LOl Marcel I completely agree.

OK now we can see the green house type fiberglass panels.
Why they created the valley is a mystery.

They wanted the height, so they stopped the water at that parapet that supports the fiberglass roof.
Redneck kind of way, you think?:slight_smile:

I digress. If it’s allowing wood rot, then it is NOT functional. It needs to be repaired or replaced by a licensed professional as needed.

Reece, did you get my email? I can stop by tuesday morning or afternoon.

I understand. I took several pictures of it. Only posted two here. My main objective was to get input from other inspectors as well. Like Reece said it does function as intended but has created some issues and if not for age of said roof it may be fine.

Maybe you need to post the other pics showing support posts and where are the gutters /downspouts?
The design is bad besides being ugly.