Russel Ray, Ben Choy says 'hey."

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Russel,

I spent a good part of yesterday evening with your fellow HomeTeam franchise owner Ben Choy. He says to say hi.

He attended our Boise Idaho Chapter meeting last night.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: rray

I spent a great deal of time on the HomeTeam Intranet over the past three years soliciting HomeTeam franchisees for NACHI membership. Recently, however, I became an outcast on the HomeTeam Intranet, so I don’t get to interact as much with HomeTeam boys and girls throughout the nation anymore.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Well, if it’s any consulation, Ben and I speak highly of you.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

If only I could get Jerry Peck, Chad Fabry, Jim Morrison, and Jeff Hooper to speak highly of me. icon_cry.gif

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

types.

You can't please everyone and shouldn't try.

Staff has been discussing this recently. They are trying to figure out what they can do to the application pre-requisites http://www.nachi.org/membershp.htm at NACHI to keep the pain-in-the-butts from joining in the first place.

I'm not talking about the 4 fellas you mentioned because they are not or no longer members... I'm talking about the guys that join NACHI for the sole purpose of availing themselves of the membership benefits, cause trouble at NACHI, bash NACHI as members, and then quit very publicly and dramatically. There are not many (maybe a dozen or so), but they get a lot of attention and cause staff a lot of heartache. We are looking for something to recognize them from the get-go. There is no law that requires us to accept every membership application.

Staff figures they found something in common with all of them. That is that prior to joining they have all publicly predicted NACHI's demise.

I think this common trait is correct but is outdated. I'll explain.... 2 or 3 years ago hundreds of inspectors predicted NACHI's demise. Most of these incorrect predictions were made on inspectionNAZInews. I saved many of these incorrect predictions just for laughs. Oddly a large percentage of these predictions were made by inspectors who eventually joined NACHI. However lately (this past year or so)... such predictions are all but non existent. Instead they are now complaining about our dominance and success. Like I said... you can't please everyone.

Anyway, I think staff found something in common that these fellas all share but I think it is outdated. Almost nobody in the inspection industry publicly predicts NACHI's demise any longer... so it is not a trait we can use as a membership check-valve any more.

Our renewal rate (over 99%) is the highest of any trade association in the world (not just home inspection associations)... and that is actually too high.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I could always quit doing drive-by and fly-by inspections. icon_cry.gif That might please 'em.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

If staff can come up with a way to turn down 10% of the applications we receive based on some factor that would also exclude 100% of the pain-in-the-butts (about 1/10th of a percent) within that 10%, it would be worth it for us to take the hit, but they haven’t convinced me they have uncovered some current and quantifiable trait to support a proposed addition to http://www.nachi.org/membership.htm

I can't see it either. I once incorrectly thought it might be former membership in another association but I was wrong. Many of our best NACHI members were members of ASHI (for instance), including you and me Russel.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Perhaps the common factor would be that they demand and insist that all home inspectors everywhere cite code and refuse to accept any other inspection protocols, regardless of what one’s own attorneys and insurance providers recommend.

Yes, I think that's it. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

icon_lol.gif

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.