Russell, is there a way to live link phrases from the report to InterNACHI articles?

I know it can do that, I have been using that.
Having the actual client select the word and being directed to a explanation is a whole different topic.

Of coure this may not be possible and inter fear with the already comment process.

I made a section and link for my CMI safe book. Has a ton of info in one spot. 226 pages worth.

Oh I see. Yes you are referring to a mouse over type explanation of a term that the hint referring to one of our many competitors. Currently, I think the strongest impact is a live link in the auto-comment that can direct them to a lot more info than a crude definition pop up in my opinion.

We could make the styles and material choices live links. We could also search the report content you create each time and make your keywords underlined links. Similar to the way a spyware site does when it takes over your search engine. Of course this one you would control and assign target links to keywords. Then whenever you typed a word freehand or by auto-comment it could scan the report and insert underlined links at keywords. . Its an idea we have had for years. It hasn’t been high on our list as of present.

That is a good use of a link!

Nick you are a smart fella from what they tell me so you already know that PDF is the preferred method of report delivery by all of us and that any URL link in a PDF is a live clickable link so what is your real motivation in asking such a grade school question ?

My Home Inspector Pro reports always include live links with no HTML "special process " needed.

WITH HIP even my photo captions can include live links.:wink:

So Bob, I can make live links in the HIP template? Or only in a PDF report?

Same question is true for HG, actually.

If I create a reference section for the use of inspectors who buy the template, is there some place to install a live link to say, a PDF of an inspection manual for wood floors from the website of the National Wood Flooring Association? Something that they could click to access during an inspection to check on a certain condition they find.

This would not usually be for inclusion in a report, but reference for the inspector during the inspection or when creatinga report.

Kenton if you place a URL in any PDF no matter what method it becomes a clickable link.
That’s one of many reasons PDF’s are popular and Adobe is such a large corp.

Go ahead and paste a URL anywhere in any software you are converting.

Keep in mind it should be in “blue” font as that is the standard people recognize.

Bob… because many members don’t do this and it is a great way to give your consumers more information (ONLY IF THEY WANT IT) without providing a report full of canned articles. A report should never be too small or too large.

If you are not going to rebuild these on your site, have them open in a new window when you link to them in www.nachi.org/articles.htm so that your client returns back to his/her inspection report after viewing. Come to think of it, have them open in a new window either way.

The articles have been gone over and over by subject-matter experts and editors and are constantly being improved. They are a great member resource that you should exploit any way you can.

They also provide you with some legal protection…

Bob, I thought you would be at the HIP forum?

if you want to reduce your mile long url to a word or two you have to make the same “special process” as you call it in your bulky pdf.

And we all know that PDF’s are boat anchors and do not come close to an interactive “Web Presentation like HomeGauge.”

With HomeGauge you can have a live link as a photo caption to homey. You can also bold, italicize underline add color to just one word etc…

Kenton, we have a pane in the HG software called CYA It is an editable pane of unlimited text that is at each inspection item, used for reminders for inspectors for clearances, or code, energy whatever. For instance you can open a template and go to the inspection item Insulation and if the inspector wanted he could click the icon that looks like books and the CYA will appear and he can read off the formula to determine r value in inches.

Yes you can add a live link in the cya pane. You could actually edit all my info you get when you download the trial and make it yours. Then the inspector could purchase your template with your inspection items, your helpful CYA info and your narratives!:cool:

Yeah you are so correct if we were in a perfect world that promises the Lawyer and Agent have a great data connection at all times and no need to print out anything.
Unfortunately as a Home Inspector have learned to see whats actually there rather than what I wish for.

Bob I agree with you. Attorneys and Brokers will usually want to have a printed copy. You can have the best of both worlds with HomeGauge! They can print a pdf from the Web Presentation.

Open this link as if you were the buyer or agent. At the top right there is a pdf option and also a summary that the agent can go to right away.

I won’t mention the hundreds of impressions you could potentially get from each buyer with our Social Networks (Facebook recommend and Google + recommend buttons at the top of each report).

91142 / HomeBuyers Inspection HBI / Russell Buchanan

or here :cool:

Well that is true but it is still a pain in the butt. I don’t want a link like http://www. blahblahblah.com. Some of those can be very, very long and don’t look professional. I want to imbed a link in a specific phrase or words just like you can on this message board. And unfortunately that is not available as of yet.

Stephen that is why the glossary section of HIP exists and makes for a fantastic hyper link.

This whole thread is fishy.

Nick posting the question the same day as Russell publishes the youtube vid.

@Frank, if you think copying content for your website SEO is a good idea, think again. If you’ve thought of a easy SEO work around, trust me Google has too.

Organic methods work the best.

Not coordinated at all. I don’t know anything about a video. Russell can confirm that he and I haven’t spoken in quite some time.

Oh Snap

Looks like 'Report Host"
Way to wide on my 27" screen.

Will keep reliable PDF view thank You.

YOU CAN VIEW HomeGauge on either HTML or PDF. You can save report in either of the two formats, or both if you’d prefer. As Russell stated “best of both world”.

If you read Russell’s post about the video, he created it in response to this thread. My comment was about linking back to your own blog as creating SEO, not copying content.