Sales Tip: Whenever a caller reveals something about the home they are looking at...

…Make sure you have everything set to go.

If they say they are buying and older home… you should reply that you specialize in historic homes, that you are going to email them over an article on older homes and your brochure on inspecting older homes.

If they say they are buying a house with a barn… you should reply that you specialize in inspecting outbuildings, that you are going to email them over an article on barn inspections and your brochure on inspecting barns.

If they say…

You get the point. You have to have the right weapons at hand so that you have the right weapon and the right ammo for each target.

Marketing and sales is war.

If you need articles: www.nachi.org/articles.htm
If you need brochures: www.printservices.nachi.org

if he says it with a spanish accent… I specialize in… never mind :slight_smile:

Good advise Nick.

You should always discover the what the client is concerned about the most
and then communicate along those lines.

Had a call this week, buyer mentioned concerns about the roof and water stains on a ceiling. I mentioned and explained thermal imaging and moisture meter… booked the job.
I was the 3rd call she made.

You can also have a section that consumers find online, another homepage and section that you refer real estate agents to, a different one for new home buyers, another for…

The different sections never have to interlink to each other and can each be customized to their respective targets. They’re like totally separate sites.

You should also separate your reference letters by market area. If someone calls from… or is looking at a home in a particular neighborhood, you can email them your reference letters from your clients in that area.

You basically want to create an environment for each caller that creates the belief that they’ve found the perfect inspector for the project.

Just be careful not to overdo it or you sound like a telemarketer.

Example: Your caller tells you she is looking at buying an older home on 10 acres with a barn in the north eastern part of Anywhere Town.

You reply: I just so happen to specialize in older homes. What is your email address? OK, I’m emailing you a couple articles on barn inspections, older homes, knob and tube wiring, water wells, my brochure on historic homes, and three reference letters from clients in the north eastern part of Anywhere Town. You should also visit my website at yourinspectioncompany.com/farms to read about buying a small farm.