Saradise Lost

You have to remember…part of the McCain strategy was to go after the Hillary Clinton supporters that do not like Obama. Hillary Clinton supporters that do not like Obama…are liberal women.

Have you forgotten that John McCain is a Liberal Republican? If you forgot, his liberal Democratic friend (and personal choice for VP that the party would not support), Joe Lieberman, will remind you when he gives his speech at the Republican Convention.

The Republican Party no longer represents or conveys conservative values. That is why many of us are leaving it.

John McCain sends in political hit squad to fight claims against Sarah Palin
Last Updated: 4:22PM BST 02 Sep 2008

Senior allies of the Republican presidential nominee insisted that the team of press officers will handle the worldwide media frenzy surrounding the selection of only the second woman ever on a presidential ticket.

But they also admitted that they have operatives on the ground in Alaska to probe more deeply into her background.

Democrats detected a whiff of panic in the McCain camp, amid growing claims that Mrs Palin’s personal history was not properly vetted before Mr McCain announced his pick on Friday.

Although he is holding to the party line, today, even Rush Limbaugh does not think McCain is a conservative.

Thanks for sharing that “breaking news” Jim

His view on McCain is at least a year old.:roll:

So…was he lying then, or is he lying today, Mike?

I’m calling BS on you James.:frowning:

You are usually more careful than that.:frowning:

Proof please.

I understand why you cannot answer the question, Mike. You and Rush are in the same boat…you have been betrayed by your party, but are still holding to the party line.

Listen to this interview. Ann Coulter argues that McCain is not a conservative and is unworthy of her support. The interviewer argues that, even though he is a liberal he is the party’s choice and should be supported.

You and Rush have left Ann Coulter on her own to stand firm in her beliefs and have joined in with the interviewer.

Agreed that we don’t have the best of choices. But, when presented with a situation like this you choose the best of the choices.

We are in a dangerous world, in a dangerous time. We need someone with a strong military bent. McCain is that person. Pulling out before we are done, is loosing. We have to finish the job that has been started. And we have to finish the job on top.

Bottom line… Obama has zero qualifications for the job. The only thing he’s got going for him is the democrat monster pushing him along and repeating the mantra that he is the savior. I have yet to see even one argument or one qualification that says he would be the right person for the job. He’s got nothing, and his VP is barely any better.

McCain’s VP, as few qualifications as she does have, beats Obama hands down. Obama hasn’t run a thing in his life other than his mouth. At least she has run a city, and a state for a couple of years. We could flip the ticket, and have her for pres, and him for VP and we’ve still got a better ticket than Obama and anyone in the democratic party.

Yeah Mark, how comforting, you keep telling yourself that over & over especially come January at Obama’s Inauguration, that’s the ticket. :slight_smile:

I could happen, and that’s disturbing. :frowning: That doesn’t change the fact, that we have a two choices… Bad, and just OK.

I’ll settle for “just OK” over bad any day. I hope I don’t have to live with bad, because I can foresee some serious consequences for this nation if that happens. :shock:

I’m calling BS on you James.:sad:

You are usually more careful than that.:sad:

Proof please.

**I repeat James.

Where is the proof of Rushes lying then or now. It sure isn’t in the Neil and Ann booksellers piece.**

The proof is in the airwaves, Mike.

You saw the video where Rush did not support McCain due to his “liberalism”.

Today, on the radio, Rush told me that McCain is good for America.

Was Rush lying on the video…or did he lie on the radio?

Really? Perhaps you are taking his comments out of context.

Rush said this last Friday.

CALLER: Our local Fox affiliate is quoting Obama as saying McCain has taken experience off the table by picking Sarah Palin and McCain has made experience his campaign issue. So isn’t by default Obama saying and admitting he has no experience?

RUSH: Yeah. But he’s wrong in his analysis, too, 'cause it doesn’t take it off the table because it’s McCain versus Obama.

CALLER: This is true. Now, listen, this pick does not make everything all better with me as far as McCain goes. I think he sold out his base and I think he continues to sell out his base. The pick is good. But what about those of us who are in Democratic states like Michigan, who will probably go for Obama? Should we switch our votes from the GOP to the Libertarian party to send a signal to the GOP that we’re sick and tired of this watering down of our issues?

RUSH: **This is a dilemma that we have discussed on this program for many, many months now, and I have come to this conclusion: We can’t afford Barack Obama. ** We can’t afford it as a nation, and the foundational values that have defined this nation’s greatness, and we can’t afford it in our back pockets. There is no guarantee the Republican Party is going to lose anything by winning. At this point, this pick is going to help the Republican Party, it’s going to help the base. It illustrates what the Republican Party needs to do to win. McCain’s the nominee. I was telling some people last night who, you know, word kept leaking out about Lieberman, and that just rubbed 'em so wrong, they couldn’t believe it but they could believe it because it’s McCain. And I said, you know, there’s nothing we can do about McCain being the nominee. There’s nothing we can do about it now. He is the nominee. Some people are saying, “Look, if he picks Lieberman the convention doesn’t have to accept it.” That’s true. But you still can’t do anything about McCain as the nominee.

I reminded them of the Harriet Miers circumstance. I guarantee you that when Barack Obama nominates Cornel West to be a justice on the US Supreme Court, there is not a damn thing we will be able to do about it. But, I don’t want to say this too loud, but we kept hearing it was going to be Lieberman or Ridge, we got Sarah Palin. We got a pro-life conservative. So if, for example, hypothetically speaking – please don’t tell anybody I said this, folks, all right, just keep this to yourself, just between us, I want to whisper this. If McCain gets elected and nominates, say, Ridge, to the Supreme Court, we’re going to have a little more opportunity to have something to say about that than if it’s Obama nominating Cornel West, or whoever he would nominate. We have more to work with. We cannot afford Obama, plain and simple. The guy is inexperienced. Folks, in his speech last night, you know, we are a great nation at risk in a dangerous world. He never talked about the dangerous world we face. He talked about himself. He was trying to justify his qualifications on the basis of who he is and what party he’s a member of. We didn’t hear, in platitudes or substance, what he thinks of our enemies, how he’s going to deal with them. We had surrogates, Bill Clinton and Biden, “Don’t worry, when the guns start firing at us, Obama will be there.” Well, that doesn’t reassure me. And he didn’t talk about any of these things last night. We can’t afford him.

**We can’t afford the radical liberalism, leftism that Obama would bring to the Oval Office. We’ve never had anything like it with that much power in the Oval Office in this country, we’ve never had it. Liberals do not win elections, not national elections. ** Clinton was a liberal, I know, but he campaigned as this moderate, Democrat Leadership Council and so forth, got in there, tried to do as much liberal, but we checked him with the Republican house in 1994. We cannot risk this 'cause it’s gonna take 30 years to undo it. It’s time we started thinking progress and offense rather than just undoing and defense, and part of that, folks, as I have shouted from the mountaintop in all of my countenance, we have got to stop letting the left define the issues that we debate. We have got to stop letting them set the agenda or the premise that we then respond to, 'cause it keeps us on defense. Conservatism has to advance. It has to advance aggressively on offense, setting its own agenda. We’re not going to have a chance in heck of doing that for a long time **if Obama gets in there and just populates the federal bureaucracy with people like him that are going to be there for life. Supreme Court and federal court nominees like him, like Bill Ayers, like Jeremiah Wright, for life. It’s too risky. We simply cannot afford it. **

So Rush has been reduced, as so many others, to not supporting his own candidate…but simply attemtping to discredit the other.

Oh, well. This is consistent with the move toward the low voter turnout that has been predicted. McCain cannot excite and inspire his own party to vote for him and has nothing more to offer than fear of the alternative.

He deserves to lose in a landslide. I predict that he will.

Republicans not supporting the presumptive Republican candidate is the new third party, welcome Rush. :smiley:

Is this your admission that you got it wrong?

Less than convincing Jim.:roll:

**Let the debate continue. **

Obama has been outflanked by a scrappy Septuagenarian.

I’ll bet he never seen it coming.

Now the press who picked there guy months ago are looking under every rock to find dirt on Palin(they never worked so hard or quickly) while ignoring the spot lights that shine on Obama’s failings.

If anyone remains unconvinced that the MSM doesn’t lean far left they are in denial.

IMHO this poll is prima-fascia evidence as to why polls should be approved before being allowed on the board. I did not read it fully before making my choice. The smart-*** poll is bogus and has no place here. Next time, ask legitimate questions.

McCain:

1. Supports the tax cuts, and wants to keep them.
  2. Supports a strong defense, is against a bug out in Iraq, Pro-Israel, won’t allow Iran to go Nuclear and is against Russian agression.
  3. Wants to cut government spending, and to do away with ear marks.
  4. Is pro-life.
  5. Wants to appoint strict constructionalist Supreme Court appointees.
  6. Supports more drilling for oil, as well as Nuclear (as well as wind, solar, geo-thermal, tide and hydrogen).
  7. Supports free trade.
  8. Wants to secure the border.
  9. Opposes changes in marriage laws.
  10. is a straight talker.

Where is he “liberal”, Jim?

Will,

McCain Kennedy
McCain Feingold
McCain Lieberman

for starters.

Look, Jim. It’s really simple.

Is McCain the most conservative republican candidate? No.

Is McCain better than Obama (i.e., more conservative)? Yes.

You play the cards you are dealt.

If McCain wins, conservatives have a voice and a chance to keep things good.

If Obama wins, the country is in trouble.

Clear.

(Gee, the lengths you gotta go through to explain simple politics to these Kansas hicks :mrgreen: ).