Sarah Palin Moron Alert!

[size=2]Every day Senator McCain’s judgement is called into question by his choice of Sarah Palin.
[/size]

Palin: First Amendment Rights Threatened By Criticism

In a conservative radio interview that aired in Washington, D.C. Friday morning, Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin said she fears her First Amendment rights may be threatened by “attacks” from reporters who suggest she is engaging in a negative campaign against Barack Obama.

Palin told WMAL-AM that her criticism of Obama’s associations, like those with 1960s radical Bill Ayers and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, should not be considered negative attacks. Rather, for reporters or columnists to suggest that it is going negative may constitute an attack that threatens a candidate’s free speech rights under the Constitution, Palin said.

“If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations,” Palin told host Chris Plante, “then I don’t know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media.”

If anything, Palin has this exactly backwards, since one thing that the First Amendment does actually guarantee is a free press. Thus, when the press criticizes a political candidate and a Governor such as Palin, that is a classic example of First Amendment rights being exercised, not abridged.

This isn’t only about profound ignorance regarding our basic liberties, though it is obviously that. Palin here is also giving voice here to the standard right-wing grievance instinct: that it’s inherently unfair when they’re criticized. And now, apparently, it’s even unconstitutional.

According to Palin, what the Founders intended with the First Amendment was that political candidates for the most powerful offices in the country and Governors of states would be free to say whatever they want without being criticized in the newspapers. The First Amendment was meant to ensure that powerful political officials would not be “attacked” in the papers. It is even possible to imagine more breathaking ignorance from someone holding high office and running for even higher office?

Sheesh, the DemocRATS are assured the Oval Office in 2012 if the Repugnantcans nominate this bimbo.

Palin Punked

Too bloody funny :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Gerry

I can see Belgium from my house… too friggin’ funny. :mrgreen:

McCain vs Palin :mrgreen::p:mrgreen:

Palin Still Wildly Popular with Republicans

Amanda Carpenter

Despite the onslaught of unflattering stories being leaked to the media from McCain staffers about Sarah Palin’s allegedly unsavory behavior behind closed doors through the campaign, she remains incredibly popular among Republicans.

Rasmussen Reports found a whopping 91 percent of Republicans retain a favorable view of the former vice presidential candidate.

Palin’s name also ranked at the top of those Republicans would consider to become their GOP’s 2012 presidential nominee. 64 percent said Palin would be their top choice. Mike Huckabee came in far behind at second with only 12 percent and Mitt Romney netted 11 percent.

Bobby Jindal, Charlie Crist and Tim Pawlenty were also mentioned as future contenders, but only ranked support in the single digits.

Great news for Democrats!

The “moron”, as you describe her, defeated her own party’s sitting Governor and went on to become the most popular Governor in all of U.S. history.

Pretty amazing work.

Now Nick there you go bringing facts into a dialouge with partisans, these guys love to stir the pot. It’s entertainment for them, this is what they live for… this is the highlight of their day so don’t go ruining things for them.

It takes Morons to believe a report of unconfirmed statements, by a supposed anonymus source to the biased MSM, as fact! Especially from a bunch of struggling Home Inspectors, whose only chance of getting close to a Govenors office, is during a Grade School Field Trip! Make that **Sexist Bigot Moronic home Inspectors! **She denied saying those things and I believe her. Furthermore, I bet if any of you had the guts to say it to her face, she would Field Dress you and feed Weenies to Todd’s sled dogs!

Who cares about the hearsay that purported came from a bunch of sore loser McCain staffers looking to scapegoat an easy target for their dismally ran campaign? I certainly don’t.

So those of us not drunk on the GOP Kool Aid are a bunch of Sexist Bigot Moronic Home Inspectors for finding Sarah Palin to be a dim wit? Am I supposed to forget that she even made Joe “Foot-In-Mouth” Biden look like a genious with her massive string of mind-boggingly dumb gaffes she committed in a relatively short term? Please, all you dillusional GOP foot soldiers, explain to me why I shouldn’t think Sarah Palin is a moron after watching this collection of her greatest gaffes.

So she’s gonna run for the '12 nod, huh? If her popularity holds up amongst the GOP like Michael’s numbers say, its a guarantee Obama will be an 8 year president, no matter how much he screws up this country.

If people make up their minds on BS miniscule sound bites from MSM interviews, so called “Gaffes”
I would suggest you dig a little deeper into your party platform, before making up your minds on who’s capable for 2012.
The democratic party has their share of interview gaffes as well, but I wouldn’t and didn’t hold any stock in them.

Whats done is done, its now up to the left to make good on their promises, most of which I don’t agree with, but nonetheless, they will be judged on their actions, and not BS gaffes from the MSM.

Although I’ll admit that an awful lot of people were heavily swayed by BS MSM interviews in this election…too bad…:frowning:

Where is the MSM foul play in these soundbites? Sarah Palin was the one dumb enough to assert that she is qualified to lead our military because you can see Russia from a tiny island in the state she governs. Sarah Palin was caught not knowing the first thing about the Bush Doctrine. Sarah Palin tied herself in knots trying to make an elementary assertion on how the Bailout scam would supposedly work.

Get over it GOP Kool Aid drinkers. McCain lost to that flamming liberal Obama because McCain couldn’t distinguish himself from the failed GOP leadership of the last 8 years, couldn’t convince the electorate at large that he accomplished a damn thing of substance in his 26 years in DC, ran a repulsively negative campaign and because he brought absolutely nothing special to the table. Obama won by default because of McCain’s shortcomings. Now quit buying into that nonesense that the GOP fell victim to some liberal media conspiracy. Just think, the MSM couldn’t stop an unpopular Bush from getting elected and reelected …

Truth be known, the democrats FEAR Sarah…if McCain had 1/10 the testicular fortitude that she does, things would have been different…but that is water under the bridge.

It’s laughable to see all the ignorant commentators give credit to various hodge podge demo groups (blacks, gays, women, latino’s, etc.) as to why Obama won…the fact is that conservatives, such as myself, took a stand and refused to vote for a liberal republican who was nothing but a pain the side for the Republican party for the last 20 years…good riddens of him and his kind. I respect his service but that does not give him or anyone like him a pass on acting like a liberal.

My take is that of the conservative democrats and republicans who saw what Jimmy Carter did to this country and let their voices be known in 1980…that my friend was a landslide and mandate.

When a conservative actually espouses such ideaology, they win…as is evident by California (liberal state, liberal courts) defining by law what marriage is or is not.

The only way that Obama and the dems will retain power is if Obama can deliver Osama’s head on a platter…(which I have to give him credit for being hard on Pakistan)…I personally think Osama is dead…however I do think that Obama realizes that even the ground work of excuses he is currently laying will not be enough for the dems to remain in power.

If people would vote on substance instead of party rhetoric we would all have a better government…but that ain’t going to happen, especially without term limits, besides there are too many lemmings in this country who are more concerned about “what’s in it for them” instead of what is best for our country.

Either way, just as I have always done…I will still pray for our leaders regardless of their party affliation.

Jeff

Mikey I have to agree with you there Sarah Palin aka Bible Spice has a 91% approval rating with Republicans, and a 100% approval rating with Democrats who hope to god that the Republicans place her in a national leadership position within the party. We already know how to beat her. :wink:

Kenny, I’m not sure if your mad or off your meds, but man you crack me up. The truth doesn’t matter… Its what you believe, just look at as way you would on a typical Sunday morning when you are forced to accept some pretty wild stories as truth, and you will be just fine. :lol:

Don’t Cry for me Alaska (a final tribute to Sarah Palin)

" Yon democrat doth protest too much."

What Sarah Palin is pointing out is the fact that media is laying the groundwork for the
fairness doctrine to come back into play. It is the LIBERALS that want to make
conservative programs give equal time to opposing ideas, thus forcing these types
of programs off the air.

The LIBERAL media is trying to silence all opposing views and the fairness doctrine
will tie that agenda into the force of law. They seek to silence free speech and
force us to accept the LIBERAL propaganda of what they define as politically
correct speech.

You have to read between the lines.

BTW… it is nice to see political speech is now OK on the misc. thread… LOL.

PS… Sarah Palin is the #1 choice for the 2012 President because she represents
family values to people who care about that more than anything else. She has my
vote and admiration. The fact that she makes some novice mistakes in speech
does not have anything to do with her rock solid core values. This is what is
lacking in Washington. She is a breath of fresh air to millions. Mark my word,
she will be a force to reckon with in the future. She has inspired more fire in
the hearts of her party than few have ever done. The interesting thing is, she
did not seek or pay to make that wave of inspiration happen, she was called
for such a time as this. Smile.

John, I can’t imagine even one Democrat who would not be overjoyed to run against her, she truly is a credit to her party and a true representative of the party’s core beliefs. Pulleeze, by all means keep Sarah Palin in the national spotlight. :smiley: