Say is isn't so!

How will you ever know if it was changed? They’re dam sure not going to tell you.

So you want me to post inspections I did and the changes that “they” made to them in their system? I do not think so, I am a little smarter than that.

If you do not want to believe me there is a group of inspectors that had the issue and contemplated suing. I can have one of then contact you if you want.

Reality, it does not matter. Just follow the news and you will see that it is a game of Three Card Monty. They only admit mistakes to take the wind out of the sails of consumers who claim they have been wronged. Remember who controls the statistics?

We all know they have made mistakes, they admit it also. What you do not know is how much or how many for all those that complain there are many more who say nothing. Some of which do not say anything because they do not know better. Still others are given stories on why the original inspector is wrong, and they believe it. Do you know why it is that when you no longer are a “re-inspector” you can no longer see YOUR reports?

Here is another one, they change reports to give them mistakes so they can reject them, therefore charging an additional fee to the inspector. I wonder what kind of bonus system the Unlicensed QA people are on.

You should stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

I had access to the final report that went to Citizens. I didn’t have time to go through every one of them though.

The whole reason for getting those reports in a concise and consistent format was so that Citizens would not reject the report. Their underwriting staff would sound like summer high school temps that would hit the reject button without any further thought. Things got tough on that end, and QA would respond by fixing what they thought would not get rejected by CIT.

I’m done…all out of Kool-Aid, thanks

You have a valid point as the total number of re-inspects was not available. I would imagine the number is high though based on the number of inspectors that I know where doing only re-inspects. My point was that it is a small % of errors but if you own the property that had an error it really doesn’t matter the % as you lose the premium deduction. When it affects YOU who cares what the % is.

Being the cynic that I am, I believe that the high error rate is also by design by the insurance industry lobby, The rules and form have had several revisions (by the insurance lobby) that had added to the confusion and error rates. The insurance industry will eventually use the high error rates to declare to the legislature that the entire wind mitigation program has been a failure. They will then blame the lowly licensed home inspector as well as the lofty licensed contractor as being too incompetent to accurately complete a wind mitigation inspection. The ultimate goal being to kill the wind mitigation program all together.

I have to say…Eric V has been saying that all along…

Can’t wait :slight_smile:

Ditto

I would agree with you on the retail mistakes but have to tell you the QA department made a lot as well. It is a shame when the QA department makes changes to reports and they are unwilling to be properly educated. I had in a group of 100’s of inspectors the owner of one preferred co. admit that the QA department was completely wrong.

Not true. My report were changed without being part of that “optional service” or being told. They were changing many reports even yours. One inspector even saw different pictures inserted into theirs.

That may be true. I believe you left about the time I started, and by then the QA auditors were told not to “fix” the reports for inspectors not in the optional service. I didn’t notice if they were changing mine or not. I had no time to go back and look, but I was rejected a lot in the beginning for just typos and using abbreviations that were not “approved”…lol. I assumed that was a ploy to get me to pay for the QA service.

Different pictures inserted? That just ain’t right…I guess they were up to just about anything to get those reports through.

I for 1 would love to see the whole statistics report. Imagine the questions that we would have…lol

Imagine… :mrgreen:

No need as I have seen many incorrect inspections…including a few of my own from the early days.

I just spoke to some friends who wanted me to do a new wm for them because they thought they would get more discounts as they have installed hurricane protection.
They sent me their old wm. The house is in Palm Beach and has a gable and flat roof. Hip on the form.
Compliant with the FBC for the roof…which was installed in 1999…too bad the FBC didn’t take effect until 2002.

I told them to keep working on the rest of their opening protection as they will need it when they lose their hip roof and fbc credits. :wink:

I would agree that mistakes were made and likely will continue to be made -both on the retail side as well as the “preferred provider” side. In all fairness to the professionals on both sides, I would like to know how many “mistakes” were actually related to a change in the rules from one version of the form to the next version. As you all know, many of the erroneous inspections were completed using on older version of the form- and then re-inspected using a newer version of the form with a different set of rules. I venture to say that the newer version of the form (with newer rules that favored the insurance industry) also contributed to the error rate and removed discounts.

I have another question for the experts: What would be the actual difference between a roof covering that was installed in 1999 with a permit and the exact same roof covering installed in 2004 with the exact same fastener pattern? The ONLY difference between the 1999 roof and the 2004 roof installation is the date and the same roof covering now has a Florida Product Approval?

What does the form say?

Here is one: Home built in Broward County. Structure permit date:8/16/1994.
Roof permit date:12/13/1995.
I have some, one in particular like that.
Here is another one: Building and roof date 9/1/1994!

For the sake of discussion, lets assume that there are other areas of Florida outside Miami Dade Broward counties. I have an idea what the form says. What is the physical difference between an asphalt shingled roof installed in 1999 and the exact same asphalt shingle roof installed in 2004 with the exact same fastener pattern?

Most likely, nothing.

There is no difference, just like there is no difference in the homes I cited.
Unfortunately, that isn’t what the form says.

Form world < reality

Off for 5 days of golf…

If they brought the shingles in from another state there could be a difference.