SC Inspector License Help

I am a retried engineer (not PE) on the road to becoming certified for SC, but when I went to fill out the license application it said I need to have 1 year experience working under a licensed individual. That makes sense, but does anyone know of somebody that readily brings people their wing for a year?

Jeff Messick
Cell: 843-327-7813

Read the entire requirements again. It has a list of “or’s”. 1 year OR X# of inspections OR completing a qualified instructional course from the list. InterNACHI is on the list. You can send in your app with your InterNACHI cert from completing their online test.

Kevin

Thanks so much!

My pleasure

Just making sure…Working my way through the training required for year 1. Will that give me the knowledge I need to pass the exam?

New guy here to but I am in Florida.

Here is a link to the South Carolina requirements.

Click on the various links and it will take you to the other requirements.

I recommend taking all the courses you can. There is a lot of useful information to be seen.

Best of luck

I’ve read the requirements and know that if I get certified, I’ll be able to sit for the SC exam. I have a lot of renovation experience, but wanted to make sure what online classes I needed to take to get ready to pass the INACHI certification test.

I took all the classes required that are required to be taken within the first year. On your members dashboard right under education transcript it will list the classes in the upper section. The lower section are additional courses you can take. The state of Florida requires 120 hours for the test and most of those overlap with the InterNACHI membership requirements.

These are the classes for the Florida state exam and it helped me to increase my score by over 20 percent.

How to Perform Roof Inspections
How to Perform Residential Electrical Inspections
Structural Issues for Home Inspectors
Residential Plumbing Overview
Inspecting the Means of Egress
How to Inspect Water Heater Tanks
Advanced Inspection of Crawlspaces
Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers
25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know
How to Inspect for Moisture Intrusion
Advanced Electrical Inspection Training Video
How to Inspect the Exterior
How to Inspect HVAC Systems
Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior
Fundamentals of Inspecting the Exterior
How to Inspect Decks (online video course)
Inspecting Asphalt Shingle Roofs
Inspecting Tile Roofs
Appliance Inspection Course
How to Inspect Fireplaces, Stoves, and Chimneys

Have you taken the test yet to see where you are at. It will give you a breakdown the different sections, plumbing, roof, electrical, etc. That will show you any weak areas you might have and you can start with them.

Here is a link to the exam page.

This is pretty handy too.

Take the practice test a few times to see where you are strong or weak and take additional courses in the weak areas. If your are passing the practice test with high 90’s you’re probably ready for the state test. (IMO) If you are/are not a good test taker also ones into play. The only way to know for sure is take the test and find out.