Scams on Find an Inspector

Got it here and asked if I could help with a payment or something…lol

My first response was I’m open 24 hours a day.

Second, my fee for 3500 sq ft is $2,995.

Waiting for third.

Hey, I like that! Gave me a great ‘Tag Line’ idea…

**“The $1.00 Home Inspector”! **

($1.00 per square foot and $1.00 per mile)

No Limit!!!

This person (or persons) is not just targeting home inspectors, they are sending similar emails aimed at a wide variety of small businesses. Really, anyone who sells a service or product and takes credit cards is a target.

My wife gets these types of emails to, and she’s in an entirely different industry.

I’ve received the same one as well.

I received the 2nd email from her (or whoever).

No more responses from me.

Williams Pade is looking for my services now. I told him to send me his credit card information for my fee. I’m still waiting!

Received same messages over the weekend, except from a Williams Pada. Must be time for NY. At least I know I’m registered…

Thanks guys for the post.

Here’s a full thread of my conversation with this scammer, watch for poor spelling, people that won’t call you and want to pay in non traditional ways.

I’m posting this in hopes to save someone else from potentially being scammed. I sent a copy to interNACHI so they are aware of it as well.

Doubt my location matters?

A message has been sent to you via www.InspectorSeek.com – a InterNACHI owned website.
The sender also checked the “I would like to book an inspection.” box.
Hello am Margaret Scott,I am currently searching for a Home Inspector,I will like to know your service hours please get back to me as soon as possible.
Sent by: “Margaret Scott” <margarette4hu@gmail.com>

Stephen Rager <championhi1@gmail.com>
3:10 PM (1 hour ago)

to Margaret

Hello Margaret,
Thank you for selecting an InterNACHI certified inspector. You can call me anytime at xxx-xxx-xxxx. I’m available 7 days a week, evenings and weekends as well. I understand many people have a hard time getting off from work to attend inspections.
You can see what prior clients have to say about my business at www.championhi.org or on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/championhomeinspection?_rdr
Sincerely,
Stephen Rager

margaret scott
3:52 PM (1 hour ago)

to me

Thanks for your response,I am hearing impaired and i just had a surgery,I believe the best means i can get across to you right now would be via e-mail,Actually am in the process of buying a house for my retired parent,I want the general inspection done as soon as possible…
Let me know if you would be available i will contact the previous owner to have the keys ready and i will also like to know how much the inspection would cost.
(Full House Home Inspection: 3,500 square feet and Maintenance Inspections with Written Report)
Note:-I will get back to you in my next email with the address and any further details you would need.

Stephen Rager <championhi1@gmail.com>
4:30 PM (36 minutes ago)

to margaret

Hello Margaret,

I have time on both Saturday or Sunday this weekend. If you need a different day or time sooner please let me know and I can adjust my calendar but it would be 4 pm or later on Wednesday or Friday as I’m already booked. The inspection should take 3.5 to 4 hours. Here is a link to my website, you can book your appointment online through my website.

Champion Home Inspection website, schedule your appointment here My schedule shows I’m booked Friday but I can move that appointment if needed, it’s pro bono work I’m doing for someone.

Is there any particular concern you would have me focus on during the inspection?
Can you have a trusted family member or friend attend the inspection with me?
My reports include both picture and video to assist with it’s readability. Every home I inspect the client will get a free home maintenance book with the inspection created by the Home Inspector trade association interNACHI.

The cost for 3,500 sq ft house home inspection written report will be $500.00. This price is good for Evansville or Newburgh area, I’ll adjust it accordingly if your asking for an inspection more than 50 miles away from my location. You can pay by card, check or cash. I utilize pay pal to ensure security with online payments.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

margaret scott
4:50 PM (15 minutes ago)

to me

Hello ,

Thanks for the quote. I am OK with the quote and i would have everything put in place for the inspection,first of all i will like 

you to know that the house if for sale by the owner and not by realtor,I will like you to know the house is still occupied and it will be vacant next weekend,I want you to know that the caretaker will send you the key and you can go there for the inspection,i need you to send me your full name and office address and a valid phone number as requested by the caretaker he would need it to contact you to schedule the inspection and get the house keys to your office immediately they receive their balance,I will like to know what kind of credit cards you accept for payment so i can make the payment asap,I would have to seek a little favor from you and i would be happy if you can be able to grant me the favor i seek from you.Due to my present health condition,i would provide you my credit card details for you to charge for the total cost of the service and also i would like you to charge an extra sum of $ which would be used to balance up fees for the house,I am sorry if i am asking for too much but i would have forwarded the balance to him myself but i am held down with health issues right now and am still at the hospital and the seller stated he wants the balance by bank transfer that’s why i am seeking your favor on this,i would be willing to compensate you if you can assist me on this.

Your urgent response would be appreciated.

Warm Regards

People have way too much free time to bother with trying to scam other people. The best is when you know someone is scamming and then you mess with them acting like you are interested

Just got the same email. NW Indiana. Wish I would have googled her name before I replied to her emails twice. Sounded like a craigslist scam from the beginning. Let’s see how far we can go.

Also, do we get emails like this from “Inspector seek”? Didn’t know that was possible, figured it was the yellowpages of Internachi and legit.

Hey, I got it last week. She disappeared from my radar. I’m glad I checked this site. What she is asking for is money laundering.

margaret scott
Jun 20 (4 days ago)

to me
Hello ,

Thanks for the quote. I am OK with the quote and i would have everything put in place for the inspection,first of all i will like 

you to know that the house if for sale by the owner and not by realtor,I will like you to know the house is still occupied and it will be vacant next weekend,I want you to know that the caretaker will send you the key and you can go there for the inspection,i need you to send me your full name and office address and a valid phone number as requested by the caretaker he would need it to contact you to schedule the inspection and get the house keys to your office immediately they receive their balance,I will like to know what kind of credit cards you accept for payment so i can make the payment asap,I would have to seek a little favor from you and i would be happy if you can be able to grant me the favor i seek from you.Due to my present health condition,i would provide you my credit card details for you to charge for the total cost of the service and also i would like you to charge an extra sum of $ which would be used to balance up fees for the house,I am sorry if i am asking for too much but i would have forwarded the balance to him myself but i am held down with health issues right now and am still at the hospital and the seller stated he wants the balance by bank transfer that’s why i am seeking your favor on this,i would be willing to compensate you if you can assist me on this.

Warm Regards

Chris Masiewicz <cmasiewicz@gmail.com>
Jun 20 (4 days ago)

to margaret
Hi Margret,

Legally, I can’t be involved in the real estate transaction. I don’t take credit cards, but you can send me a check. When you get me the address, I’ll send you the inspection agreement filled out.

Chris Masiewicz <cmasiewicz@gmail.com>
Jun 20 (4 days ago)

to margaret
I can put you in touch with an attorney or real estate agent that can complete the transaction on your behalf. If it involves large sums, you may want an attorney

Thanks for posting, guys! I was suspicious from the beginning when I got this email - glad I checked out the Forum! dang people anyway.:o

I just mine…

jeane smith <jeanef6u@gmail.com>

Thanks for your response,I am hearing impaired and i just had a surgery,I believe the best means i can get across to you right now would be via e-mail,Actually am in the process of buying a house for my retired parent,I want the general inspection done as soon as possible…
Let me know if you would be available i will contact the previous owner to have the keys ready and i will also like to know how much the inspection would cost.
(Full House Home Inspection: 3,500 square feet and Maintenance Inspections with Written Report)
Note:-I will get back to you in my next email with the address and any further details you would need.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Brightech Property Inspections LLC <tim@brightechpropertyinspections.com> wrote:
Good evening Jeane,
Thank you for contacting me. I wanted to let you know first time, that my soonest available opening at this time is 7/6/15 at 9 a.m. I hope that falls within your 10 business day contingency period.

Thank you, have a great night.

Tim Bright CPI
Brightech Property Inspections LLC
(207)-400-1770

My Response.

Dear Jeane,
Good Luck finding an uninformed and gullible home inspector in Maine. Good luck with your scam.

Tim Bright CPI
Brightech Property Inspections LLC
(207)-400-1770

Redirecting...

Same thing happened to me yesterday…word for word on what has already been stated. Little creepy

Well, I got hit too before reading this email.

She used the same name again.

A message has been sent to you via www.InspectorSeek.com – a InterNACHI owned website.
The sender also checked the “I would like to book an inspection.” box.
Hello,I will like to book an inspection for next week,please get back to me as soon as possible.
Sent by: “Jeane Smith” <jeanef6u@gmail.com>

Any way to track someone down like this.??

Beware Jean
jeanef6u@gmail.com

Hello ,

Thanks for the  quote. I am OK with the quote and i would have everything put in place  for the inspection,first of all i will like 

Warm Regards

Wow she just sent me one in Brighton Michigan…She is BUYING lots of houses. I said that I would need to see the card and need a copy of a valid drivers license…No word from her yet…