Scheduling Software

Originally Posted By: cmccann
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

With the busy season upon us, I was wondering how most of us handle scheduling. For me it has been easy with only doing about 10 a month before March. In March alone to this point I’ve done twenty and I’m starting to get a little nervous with my first spring rush coming. I want to maintain the momentum I have and keep the same level of service, but I have a feeling I need some more organization with scheduling. Does anyone have a favorite method they would like to share with me…Thanks Chuck

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: jpope

They're cheap and reliable.

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: dbush

Chuck, to expand on Jeff’s statement, Gary Johnson and I are finalizing a NACHI Members deal with PALM this week for some very good pricing on PALM Pilot PDAs or better.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Chuck,

I have a great system that has never lets me down, actually it is in 2 parts, firstly a good diary (1 day per page) secondly a wall mounted monthly planner, (with both work and social events on it), it works for me.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

As much of a hi-tech fan as I am, I have to say that a giant dry-erase calendar has been one of the most effective methods I’ve seen. Just hang it on your office wall.

Now if you schedule inspections outside of your office (on your cell phone perhaps) you might want to consider a PDA. If you link it up to your office desktop you can handle scheduling quite well.

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://axTZcuG3zRc8VxjRSJMfVEsAU2N.html)

Originally Posted By: slanicek

I couldn’t agree more with the dry eraser board. I love a nice big calender that you can see from across the room, glance at when you’re on the phone making appts., etc… Always keeps me in line. I was, however, given a nice little gizmo for x-mas that I keep with me thru the day too. Other companys probably have similar things but I have a Palm ‘Zire’ that is basically a very scaled down inexpensive Palm Pilot. If you’re just wanting something that keeps your schedule, phone #'s, addresses, e-mails, and a bunch of other basic things…it’s terrific. Links up with your PC and everything. I love it because I’m not always worried that I’m going to break the thing and be out several hundred dollars. You can get them retail for about $50 these days or off e-bay sometimes for around $20.

Originally Posted By: rwills

Chuck, I agree with Jeff! Since I do all of my own scheduling, I use a Palm pilot. I can schedule an appointment at my desktop or in my truck then later that night I just Hot Sync the two units together. Better yet, it has all the names and numbers I need at my fingertips, along with a Memo, Notepad, and a To Do list if I need it.

Bob Wills - MAB Chairman

BW Inspection Services

Warminster, Pa.

http://www.bwinspections.com

Wow, I need to check out the Palm deal. I’m not real high tech so I need to educate myself on the Palm. I like the idea of a big calendar eraser board. Thanks guys, thinks are really getting busy now that the snow has melted… icon_lol.gif

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

I have a dell axim PDA that I use… It works great. I keep all my numbers in it . Appointments and anything I need.

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Does it have maps and GPS? Now that would be cool. Gettting to the homes is half the battle. I need to store addresses better and organize the trips from job to job.

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: slanicek

Having some free time on my hands today I thought I would toy around with some of my gadgets just for fun. As I mentioned in a previous note above, one of my toys is a Palm Zire (m150). Well I thought I would give the thing a thorough test drive in regards to Home Inspections PDA software capabilities. Not holding my breath because of the low price of the thing, I was expecting to find zero compatibility with software out there. NOT TRUE! This little baby is capable of running some nice software apps out there that I was impressed with.

Now, keep in mind that while the Palm Zire models are inexpensive, unfortunately software packages are not. But I thought it was worth while noting (especially to new inspectors on a very tight budget) why go out and buy a high price PDA (granted, they have more bells and whistles) when you can get a very functional one for a very low cost (under $100 retail, under $50 on e-bay) that still has the power and memory to run a quality home inspection software package.

If you'd like more details feel free to PM me.

Originally Posted By: rpasquier

Well, considering my Outside sales past life, I have always used and have been very happy with my Act2000.

Had to create a whole new database of course for it, for my home inspection business, but it works wonderful.

It also has a nice little side program for your PDA so that if you make an appointment or whatever with the PDA, it will sync that night and load and upload all changes.

I payed enough for the fricking program when I was selling electronics, I thought that I might as well keep using it since I have it.

It works great also for the marketing via E-mail, general letters, etc.

It's a GREAT marketing tool, and I mean wonderful!!

Originally Posted By: Chris Butler

FYI

Check this out. I came across this the other day.

It might work for some of you.

http://www.24-7scheduler.com

Sincerely,

Chris Butler

(former) Director of Membership @ FREA