Scorching on the main breaker

No it doesn’t. You can change, adjust & modify anything in Home Hub Zone. The classification you are referring is for organizing report defects under the summary or in your report if you would like.
My classification labels for my summary have been changed to: Safety, Structural, Mechanical & Maintenance. No major/minor crap.
These classifications do not show up in my report, only as headings in my summary.

I also have other deficiencies & information in my reports that do not have/fall under any classification.

1 Like

Yes it warrants an evaluation by an licensed electrician. Chances are that the area of that bus stab that the main CB is connected to is not damaged and as depicted in the photo there is no hazard. Add a new CB on the damaged stab then there may be an issue. Again this is merely speculation based on a photo.

1 Like

Looks to me like the power was present to the lines feeding the breaker and they had it in the On position when they attached it to the panel. There is enough going on in that panel including the arcing at breaker and the loose knock-out (another arcing incident waiting to happen). Call it out to be corrected and Yes put some Bold Red in there to counter when the agent says “probably nothing to worry about”

1 Like

I had no idea you could change anything more than the colors of the concerns. I work for a local home inspector who I do inspections for and write reports for. He uses the major, safety, moderate, minor and possible concern settings. I doubt he will want to change anything on the program now that hes done so many like this but I am going to let him know that it is an option. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Thanks Robert, I’m just putting it in my report as needs further evaluation by a licensed electrician, theres plenty of other stuff wrong in the panel as well as in the home that she knows shes need an electrician regardless.

There is definitely arching on your 100 amp main breaker. Also, The screw that may be holding it in place does not belong there. I would replace the breaker immediately and if the bussing is no longer smooth, I would move it to a different space.
The breakers are ITE and Challenger. If your panel is Challenger, here is a link https://jrlelectricsupplyinc.com/listing/br2100-cutler-hammer-westinghouse-2/ The BR is UL for challenger Panels. If it is ITE Here is another link https://jrlelectricsupplyinc.com/listing/ite-siemens-q2100/

Actually the screw or some other device is required to hold the back-fed CB in place.

The screw is the required hold down device on that brand of breaker. There is nothing wrong with it. Why do you think the breaker needs to be replaced?

I don’t see any arches.

Main breakers are always secured.

2 Likes