SCREWED by the WDO/WDI course

Any other members in Nevada that got screwed with the recent WDO/WDI course not including the law credits that it had in previous years? My license got suspended because of it.

Now you got everyones attention! How about a little detail on the incident?

1 Like

Was there some type of notice or just BAM gone… … …

Hello Marc, I have taken the same course for 13 years, no problem. It expires every 3 years and was resubmitted in mat 2022. Someone forgot to check the LAW/REGULATION box and so the State of Nevada only approved general CEU’S. Nothing changed within the course. No notice from NACHI that it was not approved for the 1 LAW CEU credit. On February 6th, I got a phone call from the Nevada Department of Agriculture that I did not have the 1 LAW CEU credit and since I am the Principal of the business, I cannot do business until I retake all 3 courses. Also I cannot operate for 120 days. Needless to say I was blindsided.

Hello Again, My previous reply should have read that the course was resubmitted and approved in May 2022. I get $75 to $100 per termite inspection. Approximately 8 a month. The test costs $50 each, but the Department of Agriculture won’t let you take them all at once, and when you fail, you have to wait 10 days to retest. Only offered on Tuesday and Wednesday so in reality you have to wait over 10 days to retest.They do not score the test in front of you and not many pass the test the first time. So you end up taking each test several times. I believe it is a source of extra revenue for them and you are at their mercy. One of the tests is an open book test and I brought it to the attention that 20 of the questions had the wrong reference to the answers. The answer I got was “Do You Think I Care? You only need 70% to pass”. Well 100 questions - 20 wrong references means you start with 80%. I only needed the 1 frigging CEU! Had I known that NACHI did not get approved or in this case neglected to put a checkbox on the submission form, I would have taken that course somewhere else. In Nevada, you have to renew your license EVERY year. As I previously stated, I have taken the same course EVERY year for 13 years now.

OK so did you not check the course certification to ensure it was valid CEU for your purpose or did you just rely on it being the same validity status as the last time you took it and submitted it?

1 Like

Wood-Destroying Organism (WDO) Inspection Course

Welcome to InterNACHI’s free, online Wood-Destroying Organism (WDO) Inspection Course.
Take the free, online course now.

Order the WDI Inspection Field Guide.

Wood-Destroying Organism (WDO) Inspection Resources.

Goal:This course teaches the inspector how to inspect for indications of infestation of wood-destroying organisms that may exist in a building using a visual-only examination.

Objectives:Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:

• describe and sketch the biological aspects of common wood-destroying organisms;
  • identify and describe termites, fungi, and common wood-destroying insects;
  • communicate treatment and management options for wood-destroying insects;
  • methods to prevent termite damage;
  • inspect crawlspaces; basements; and foundation structures by following an inspection checklist and WDO form;
  • list the critical laws concerning wood-destroying insects; and
  • describe the value of the inspection in relation to the real estate transaction.

Course includes:- 127,448 words;

• 6 minutes of video;

• student book;

• inspection and writing assignment;

• research and writing assignment;

• 85 quiz questions over 10 quizzes;

• 100-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);

• instant grading; and

• a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion.

You will learn the following topics:- Introduction

• Biology
  • Termites
  • Subterranean Termite Treatment
  • Pesticides for Termite Control
  • Bait, Foam and Fumes
  • Treatment of Crawlspaces
  • Treatment of Basements
  • Other Treatments for Termites
  • Application Equipment
  • Contamination of Drinking Water
  • Sample Calibration Problems
  • Other Wood-Destroying Insects
  • Management Options for WDI
  • Preventing Termite Damage
  • Wood-Inhabiting Fungi
  • Understanding Foundation Structure
  • Inspecting Structures
  • Inspection Checklist
  • Basic Construction Terminology
  • Laws Concerning WDI
  • Training and Licensing
  • The Real Estate Transaction
  • Completing NPMA-33 Form

Wood-Destroying Organism Inspection Course

Course # 3406

nachi.org/wdocourse

Activity

Assignments

Estimated hours for the average student

Academic Engagement

Reading online course instructional material at 140 words per minute

Watching and listening to instructional video

Taking quizzes

Taking the exam

Conducting a directed and independent inspection study performed according to the Standards of Practice, including the development of an inspection report

Submitting an inspection and writing assignment

Submitting a research and writing assignment

Total

Preparation

Studying and reviewing instructional material in preparation for taking quizzes and exam

Reading the downloaded student course book including taking the quizzes with the book

Reading, research, and studying related to completing the research and writing assignment

Studying and preparing for inspection processes according to a Standards of Practice, including capturing and storing digital images with a camera or device, making observations, evaluating conditions, deducing, formulating opinions, communicating observations in written form, attaining competency in performing inspections and using an inspection checklist or software and other inspection tools in producing a report.

Total

Sub Total

Overall Total

• 70.0 clock hours
  • 70.0 InterNACHI CE credit hours
  • 7.0 CEU

So you clearly did not check that the CEU was valid for your purposes. If so you could have seen that on the Nevada Department of Agriculture WEB page that lists the exact thing you are complaining about. That is listed here https://agri.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/agrinvgov/Content/Plant/PEST/Online%20Course%20List(1).pdf .

To save you a little work I have uploaded that PDF here. The course is listed on Page 19. As you can see the second column is marked “CEU’s Laws” and is clearly not filled with any accepted credit amount. Had you bothered to perform any due diligence (that is your responsibility) you would not be in this situation. Had you checked it the first year (May 2022 per your statement above) you could have contacted INACHI to work the issue out both to your benefit and other Inspectors benefit.

You are clearly implying that INACHI has cost you significantly and are trying to sour the atmosphere and muddy the waters with your own lack of action. Clearly you should retract your venom and provide an apology to INACHI staff regardless of any error they may or may not have made.

Online Course List(1).pdf (807.7 KB)

2 Likes