To help prevent defrauding the U.S. DOE, home buyers, home sellers, REALTORS®, and financial institutions, InterNACHI has developed a ‘Secure Certificate’ for our Home Energy Surveys.
Security features of the InterNACHI Home Energy Survey Certificate include:
- Heat Sensitive Icon. Responds to warmth. Hold between thumb and forefinger or breathe on it. The image will fade and reappear.
- **True Watermark. ** Unique security image embedded in the paper which can only be viewed by translucent “pass-through” light.
- **Toner Grip. ** Paper is treated with a Toner Adhesion Coating. If attempts are made to alter the document text appears broken.
- **Chemical Protection. **When chemically altered, the area treated will appear as a brown stain or spot.
- **Visible Fibers. ** Visible blue and red fibers randomly embedded in the paper on both sides make duplication difficult.
- **Invisible Fibers. ** Florescent fibers which only show up under a UV blacklight.
- **Warning Band. ** Alerts handler the document contains security features.
- **Microprint in Border. ** Tiny text “SECURITYMICROPRINTING” incorporated in border appears as broken or dotted line when copied.
- **Prismatic Printing. ** Unique blend of multiple shades difficult to reproduce.
- Certificate Number. Each Certificate has a unique control number and is assigned only to authorized energy inspectors.
- Inspector ID. Each energy inspector has a unique identification number, which can be used to verify the inspector’s qualifications.