Seeking MA Licensing Info>

Originally Posted By: Scot Meara
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

My father and I are very interested in becoming certified inspectors here in Western MA. We are just starting to do some research and were wondering if you could help point us in the right direction. One question we have is what are the licensing requirements here in MA? What training do you feel is the best? My father is in the insulators union and is currently working for New England Insulation. He has a vast knowledge of home improvement and at one time owned a home improvement company. We understand that there is a 25 inspection limit with a fully licensed inspector to become an associate inspector and a 100 inspection limit to become a fully licensed inspector. Do we perform these inspection for free and pay the fully licensed inspector $55.00 or do we charge and give the fully licensed inspector $55.00 of the fee?

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

of a current full licence holder to get an associate license, then a further 100 that need to be signed of by a full license holder.

I don't know where the figure of $55 per ride along comes from, the problem in MA is that at least initially you need the full cooperation of a full license holder as you need to be covered by his E&O.

here is a link to the MA licensing website:

http://www.mass.gov/dpl/boards/hi/

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Scot Meara

Thanks gary. Appreciate the help.