Seeking Mentor in Vancouver-BC Area

Thanks to everybody for the input.

As far as credits are concerned, I gathered 201 credits in two months … only if I could find a mentor now and move on.

FYI …

Consumer Protection BC, the regulation and licensing body in this province (state), recognizes four associations only:
1.Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia-(ASTT)
2.Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors (BC) - (CAHPI(BC))
3.Canadian National Association of Certified Home Inspectors - (CanNachi)
4.National Home Inspector Certification Council - (NHICC)

Thanks, Leonard.

You have not been informed properly.

Not sure who the response is for. Kevin, please add the member’s name to your response, it will be of great help.

You need to realize Amrit that you can get everything at InterNachi first then when you are ready you can get your License in BC. All I am saying is that the Licensing says and I quote. “Equivalent to the 4 you have mentioned”
BC does recognize InterNachi training but not the final Mentoring and Exam. This is what I am trying to say to prevent you spending a large some of money to get to that stage.
Now I could be wrong but it is best that you talk to the right contacts on this matter first.

Kevin,

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Yawn! The baby’s awake dear!

Amrit…I have met most of the Board Members of CanNACHI, and they are a great bunch of people, interested in another avenue for a Home Inspector to become licensed in B.C and Alberta. InterNACHI is still, by far, out ahead in terms of on-line education and member benefits. Many H.I.'s are members of multiple associations.

Well said Chris and I hope you have taken my e-mail to heart about what you must do at OntarioAchi. It has been true from the beginning and will never change.
There are other things also I can help you with to make corrections and you don’t need to just learn from the mistakes being in such a new Association.
Remember that you are new and inexperienced at the Helm.