Semper Fi!

So George would you give up that health care you have to have one like the USA has, just a questions because Canadians here have not said to much on how bad it is.

Some one years ago made a statement about the Marines–and was immediately corrected:

“The toughest job in the world is a U.S. Marine–fighting.”

“No,” he was corrected, "The toughest job in the world is fighting a U.S. Marine!"

True then–true now.

Not my point at all and I probably did not make it very well. It just that Marines, like any other group of Americans has good and bad in it.

The man speaking did not really have an opinion as much as un informed taliking points. Telling his elected representative that he does not speak for him is just stupid. He does speak for him, and all the rest of his constituinets.

The fact that the man speaking was formerly a govt employee as a Marine does not make his vote or voice any better than any other citezens of the country.

THIS POLITICAL CRAP DOED NOT :twisted::twisted:BELONG HERE.

"So George would you give up that health care you have to have one like the USA has, just a questions because Canadians here have not said to much on how bad it is."

Neither of our systems are perfect, but ours is less perfect than yours. That being said it is certainly not quite as imperfect as is being represented to the American public.

Where your system is market driven for the large part, ours is entirely controlled by the government. This has resulted in longer waiting times, fewer doctors and nurses and slightly less advanced technology ( but only slightly). Because the government has created a shortage of doctors and nurses as well as hospital beds it has forced the system to delay treatment in many cases. The result is that the entry portal to the Canadian health care system is no longer the family doctor’s office but has become the door to the emergency room. If you enter as an emergency you get timely triage, admission to the hospital and treatment. If you enter the system as an ‘elective’ you will wait.

As an example, my Wife waited almost a year from diagnosis to knee replacement. She got her treatment but not as quickly as she would have in the United States.

And let’s be clear on this; Canadian health care is not free. We are taxed, taxed and taxed again. It shows up on everything we buy, our provincial income tax and our federal income tax. The hidden cost of all this is our higher unemployment rate and our lower dollar value.

In fact, this whole subject makes me sick!!

So you would be willing to pay 1400 a month for a family of 3 .
as far as tax goes we do pay a lot less, but on the other hand if you add other things and convert i do not think there is much difference between the two countries , My wifes mother waited 3 months for a hip replacement here , watch her in great pain for that time period. The other problem you are limited to what doctor you can see by the insurance company and then there is a co pay. per visit. so your right both systems need improvement, Truly i do not think there is any clear answers on the health care system, Thanks you for your opinion and honesty . BTW i never experience any problems with health care when i lived there so i guess things have changed. Maybe you guys need a change in government also lol. Here is a idea we Join together take the crap out of both governments keep the good , We have the most powerful nation in the world then. Something to think about isn’t it. Take care George

Wayne,

what makes you think it will be cheaper and if it is, who is paying for it?

Spread over the whole population Micheal . (Health care)
or you asking about the countries merging lol We just take over Canada only 50 million people there , give them all 1 Million ( be cheaper than the bail out) Resources priceless . Plus you could go fishing for non mercury fish .just kidding
Pssst i can help with the take over i talk Canadian

Please do the math Wayne.

Obama and company have not been very good at it so why do you believe them on this one? :shock:

Micheal
I really do not believe ether side at this point, He is Our President I need to trust in some of Things he does Just like (Believe it or not i trusted GW Bush in some of the decessions he made), Till it started to fall apart . I alawys like to give someone a chance . However i do not believe in all the ranting and one sided thinking is going to help anyone . Threats and name calling ( both Side) is just stupid and a waste of time.

How can you tell which ones? :shock:

He has been rather busy.

I don’t debate with fools on the public side of the message board. :wink:

Not when you can jaw in front of the mirror.

Tough guy catch me in the “Not For Everyone” section and we will tussle. :mrgreen: