September 1st, Say NO to Gas

Originally Posted By: mzwerin
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

IT IS CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES. THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED “STICK IT UP THEIR BEHINDS” DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THESE TWO NATIONS SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS IDEA TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP (AS THE OIL COMPANIES POST RECORD PROFITS) BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

PEOPLE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE CAN DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO, DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS SUBJECT TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

--
Michael Zwerin
Co-Owner: MTC Home Inspections
Palm Beach County Florida
SE FL NACHI Chapter - Director

Originally Posted By: gporter

My stock investments would drop

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com

Originally Posted By: pdacey

This would never work.

Besides, all the people that wouldn't buy gas on Sept. 1st will just buy it on the 2nd or Aug 31st. So it would have no effect at all.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: aleleika

This email has been going around for over 5 years…it just gets redated and the concept has never worked.

Although with emails like these that ask you to forward it to everyone in your address book just might have a different agenda for the recipient of said email? maybe a trojan virus? not sure...I just delete these.

--
A. Dan Leleika
www.a-teamhomeinspections.com

As do I

Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636

Originally Posted By: jmurray

gporter wrote:
My stock investments would drop

Good time to sell-sell-sell. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
"A little less conversation and a little more action"!

Originally Posted By: jmurray

pdacey wrote:
This would never work.

Besides, all the people that wouldn't buy gas on Sept. 1st will just buy it on the 2nd or Aug 31st. So it would have no effect at all.

It is a symbolic gesture which is meant to gain attention to a situation that the general public has little control over. Almost like a trucker's picket line.
Frankly, I remember the 70's gas crunch and people then took action and I believe that action eventually solved the problem more expediently.
Today, people just say yawn, oh well!

--
"A little less conversation and a little more action"!

gone

Michael Zwerin

mzwerin wrote:
jmurray wrote:
pdacey wrote:
This would never work.

It is a symbolic gesture which is meant to gain attention to a situation that the general public has little control over. Almost like a trucker's picket line.
Frankly, I remember the 70's gas crunch and people then took action and I believe that action eventually solved the problem more expediently.
Today, people just say yawn, oh well!

Thanks John...
Finally someone with something to say other than the typical modern powerlessness of apathy...

People: hide your heads in the sand and expect the following:
Pay well over $4 a gallon into your massive vehicles getting 9mpg all the while the oil companies keep posting record profits!
You really think this is smart behavior?

Or, take a stand and express your anger with the oil companies and with your elected politicos doing nothing about it.

Maybe it'll do nothing, maybe it'll accomplish something. But it sure would feel better to attempt to be part of the solution versus being the reason for the problem! It also would feel better than sitting on your rears saying such helpless dribble like "This will never work" or "it's just Spam".

You know nothing of anyone that you don't know...and to personally attack people that have given various opinions is not cool...I for one don't sit on my rear and do nothing...and for you to tell me I do is misguided on your part...I do plenty in my community and politically to try to have my voice heard

And that email is just "SPAM"...when I receive it unsolicited in my email box from people I don't know and didn't give my email addy to....whatever the message...it's still defined as SPAM.

And don't tell me I'm the reason for the problem!

--
A. Dan Leleika

mzwerin wrote:

People: hide your heads in the sand and expect the following:
Pay well over $4 a gallon into your massive vehicles getting 9mpg all the while the oil companies keep posting record profits!
You really think this is smart behavior?

Don't preach to us because some people won't do it "YOUR" way.

--
A. Dan Leleika

mzwerin wrote:
...Finally someone with something to say other than the typical modern powerlessness of apathy...

You have no clue who or what you are talking about. My statement was not one of apathy. You posted the email, I responded with my opinion of what the email suggests to do. It won't work, never did, never will.

If people want to take a stand against fuel prices they need to change their lifestyle and habits. Not just refrain from purchasing gas for one day. Use mass transit instead of your own vehicle, buy a hybrid or alternative fuel powered vehicle instead of the SUVs and trucks that only get 12-16 mpg, car pool, etc.... The more people subscribe to these ideas the less dependant we'd all be on gasoline, and that is what will hurt the oil companies.

"Sleeping on the White House lawn ain't never changed a thing...."
(Johnny Rzeznik of The Goo Goo Dolls)

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

Ok I am going to give Michael Zwerin a break. It is just that I do not think he has gone far enough. On Sept 1, I will walk to my home inspections and only use tools made of wood and metal. That will show BIG OIL who’s boss. icon_wink.gif

Then I will petition our government to start doing stem cell research and or cloning on any dinosaur DNA they can find. Come on BIG OIL who’s your daddy.

Who is with me?

--
"I used to be disgusted, Now I try to Be amused"-Elvis Costello

bkelly2 wrote:
I will walk to my home inspections and only use tools made of wood and metal. That will show BIG OIL who's boss.

Now that's thinking! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636

icon_wink.gif

Michael Zwerin

Originally Posted By: tallen

bkelly2 wrote:
Ok I am going to give Michael Zwerin a break. It is just that I do not think he has gone far enough. On Sept 1, I will walk to my home inspections and only use tools made of wood and metal. That will show BIG OIL who's boss. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)
Then I will petition our government to start doing stem cell research and or cloning on any dinosaur DNA they can find. Come on BIG OIL who's your daddy.

Who is with me?

Are you saying that you normally use more than a screwdriver and a flash light????

I carry all my tools in a standard Home Depot flash light pouch.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

Todd you have seen my flashlight icon_cool.gif

http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?itemENGINE=PRODUCT&amp DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;itemID=1659

--
"I used to be disgusted, Now I try to Be amused"-Elvis Costello

Originally Posted By: rwashington

I am going to start taking into acct. for pricing the miles traveled. I had a 110 mile one way insp. a few weeks ago. icon_eek.gif

Richard W Washington

www.rwhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: dgriffith

In order to continue to earn a living, me and my v-6 Dakota have to fill up today for a 130 mile drive for an inspection. One reason it won’t work is people have to make a living, so to protest I write my congressman and tell him how corruprt the system is that would allow these oil companies to make obscene profits at the expense of human suffering.

When you’re up to your a*@# in aligators, it’s hard to remember your main objective is to drain the swamp.

Originally Posted By: jkormos

icon_eek.gif sure I guess I should have stayed home today and not made any $$