Service before close of escrow

Noted.

See ya in Oct.

I was thinking the same…

I do not use further review as a disclaimer.
If there is not record of service, then it needs service or the service records need to be obtained…
Example Report comment…

***[FONT=Helvetica-Bold]System Make: ***
Carrier Furnace[/FONT]
**[FONT=Times New Roman]System Type: [/FONT]
Natural Gas, Warm Air System
**[FONT=Times New Roman]System Location: [/FONT]
Basement
**[FONT=Times New Roman]Estimated Age: [/FONT]
18 Years
**[FONT=Times New Roman]Design Life: [/FONT]
15 to 20 Years

[FONT=Times New Roman]Comments:[/FONT]
Carrier Furnace (1994)
- Design life expectancy of the Furnace is 15 - 20 years.
- Recommend annual service and evaluations on all HVAC equipment to maintain. Recommend service of the HVAC equipment at this time if annual service has not been performed.
- Records of annual service are not available or apparent at time of Inspection. Recommend obtaining service records from the homeowner prior to closing.
- Due to the age of the HVAC equipment, repair / replacement needs should be anticipated and estimated.

Charley,
Are you suggesting that mechanical equipment does not need service?

By no means as I am a believer of PMS I actually taught it in the Navy and designed a PMS system for a Conoco refinery HVAC equipment.

Why do you recommend service and recommend obtaining service records that no owner has for HVAC equipment. What about the built in kitchen appliances why not them also.

I say again to many HI’s just defer out the HVAC because of lack of training. I don’t inspect HVAC any different than you do but I just know what visible flags to look for. I don’t use gauges (very often) and I don’t dismantle to see the heat exchanger and I don’t recommend repair(service) on a nice clean unit that is performing as intended.

This stuff is not rocket science get some training know what to look for.
Quit using that Fricking statement (Recommend further Evaluation) It gives the appearance to the unknowing that the inspector does not know Squat. Even if one does not know S H I T from green apples why advertise it. That is my story and I am sticking to it

I had a recent client decide to get an HVAC guy to check all three 8yr old systems for refrigerant leaks before buying the house (he had just experienced bad coils on the house he sold). It ended up needing two indoor Carrier coils replaced. I heard it cost the seller $3000

I am known for teaching my clients much more than is required and this is done in writing, in the report. The better agents are starting to find me too even though I do not market to agents. Don’t “disclaim” and write industry canned statements, learn what the buyers need to know and put it in plain english in the report.

There is a Difference between “Attended” Appliances and “Unattended” Appliances.

My comments and recommendations are given accordingly…

Absolutely I agree welcome to the 5% club

NACHI was started many years ago to be representative of the 1 %
I have no need to settle for 5 %
:slight_smile:

And the moon is made of cheese;-)

And it is nice to see that after all these years…
there are still those that bite …
without bait on the hook…

Charley,
it is quite clear you have no idea of how NACHI started…

Never said I did and don’t really care I was inspecting before Nachi started and before Okla had a license and am still here. This thread was not about Nachi it is about getting more training and not hiding behind the words (Recommend further Evaluation) when its not needed. I am not saying its never needed but it is over used. If you disagree with that so be it to each his own.

I agree…
But the tone of the first post seemed to be a bait situation…
Unfortunately,
you caught my attention…

I know tomorrow is Friday
but
have a great weekend…

I intended to catch your attention and anyone else that will listen. I have a cute little story to tell this weekend when not so busy.

You have a great weekend also