Service Magic Waiving Enrollment for All NACHI Members.

Originally Posted By: Jeremiah M
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

NACHI Members-

My name is Jeremiah, National Account Manager with ServiceMagic.com. We are the nations leader in matching homeowners and contractors. We are currently waiving the $99 enrollment fee for all NACHI members. Free to enroll, no contract, targeted leads, increased profit. You only pay for the leads that you recieve and they are only $11. You only recieve leads from the areas that you specify. You can't loose, bottom line. Give me a call 8-5 Monday-Friday mountain time. Or send me an email anytime. If we don't make you more money, fire us. It's a great advertising investment.

--
Jeremiah Maupin
National Account Manager
Service Magic, Inc.
Golden, Colorado
1-877-800-3177 x8521
jmaupin@servicemagic.com
www.servicemagic.com

Originally Posted By: lkage

icon_rolleyes.gif

“I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn’t learn something from him.”

Galileo Galilei

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

I suggest that people read the other threads on the difficulties that people have had when trying to un-enroll first.

Erby Crofutt

B4U Close Home Inspections

Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: wpedley

I am soooooooooo sick of these guys calling me three ,maybe four times a day. They just don’t get it. I have enough leads that I don’t have to pay someone 11 dollars every time I answer the phone. icon_rolleyes.gif

BPedley

Inspecting for the unexpected

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

If We hold out a Few more Weeks…

They will be Paying Us $99 Each to list on their Website.

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1

Jay Schwartz

Coast To Coast Home Services, Inc

www.Coasttocoasthomeservices.com

Southeast Florida NACHI Chapter - VP www.floridanachi.org

NACHI - Legislative Committee Member

MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Service Magic needs to be Paying NACHI to take their Leads....

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Jhagarty & other concerned NACHI members-

I'm not sure if you we're with us Jhagarty. Our leads go out instantly. As soon as a homeowner clicks the submit button, their information is instantly sent to 1-4 qualified inspectors in their area. 2 keys to success: we start a profile web page for you. Make sure that you add to it and make it look great because we send that page to the homeowner when they hit submit. 2nd key is calling the prospect right away. They dont want a call in hours or days. They want to hear from someone in minutes. That is why our system is set up for an instant trade of information. There are other lead generating sites on the web. None are like ServiceMagic.com, and we've bought out most of the other services. We are a fortune 500 company, if we didn't make our contractors more money then why are we on that elite list? If you don't like our service just call customer service and give us 30 days notice that you want to quit. Then have them turn your leads off. Simple as that. The people that see success with our service use it the way their supposed to. And no, we won't be paying anyone to join. We are starting off in the red signing people up for $99. For that we do criminal background checks, verify insurance, licensing, and sometimes check references. Plus we build you a full web page. That costs us more than $99. Because of our need for NACHI inspectors in certain areas, we are willing to waive that $99. I will only sign someone up if there is a demand for inspectors in their area. If you'd like to check and see if there is a demand in your area, just shoot me an email and I'll let you know how many people I can send you each month. JMaupin@servicemagic.com

--
Jeremiah Maupin
National Account Manager
Service Magic, Inc.
Golden, Colorado
1-877-800-3177 x8521
jmaupin@servicemagic.com
www.servicemagic.com

Joseph,

I looked you up in our system, and you were a member. You were on the "lead select" program which wasn't a hit. On lead select you got to pick your leads. That took too much time and was unsuccessful. Our new system "premier pro" in an instant trade of information and works much much better. I can send the lead to your cell via text messaging, enabling an instant call back. Let me know if you want to try our new system. If not, I appreciate your comments. Honest feedback is the only way to know how to improve our service.

--
Jeremiah Maupin
National Account Manager
Service Magic, Inc.
Golden, Colorado
1-877-800-3177 x8521
jmaupin@servicemagic.com
www.servicemagic.com

Originally Posted By: mboyett

Jeremiah M wrote:
We are a fortune 500 company, if we didn't make our contractors more money then why are we on that elite list?

ServiceMagic is only on that list because they are a very small subsidiary of IAC/Interactive, a conglomerate that is on the Fortune 500. See http://www.iac.com/index/overview/overview_factsheet.html

--
Mike Boyett
Capital City Inspections
Austin, Tx
www.capcityinspections.com

Originally Posted By: aleleika

Jeremiah M wrote:
Jhagarty & other concerned NACHI members-

.....If you don't like our service just call customer service and give us 30 days notice that you want to quit. Then have them turn your leads off. Simple as that. ....... JMaupin@servicemagic.com

Read this message board, people have tried and tried to call your customer service and quit....they have tons of problems with your "Elite" group.

Quote:
We are currently waiving the $99 enrollment fee for all NACHI members. Free to enroll, no contract, targeted leads, increased profit.

That was from your initial post....now lets see what your newer post says...
Quote:
Because of our need for NACHI inspectors in certain areas, we are willing to waive that $99. I will only sign someone up if there is a demand for inspectors in their area.

Seems to me your back peddling and taking your original offer off of the table and now are saying not all will get the enrollment fee waived ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

You first say "ALL" and then say "no" only certain areas...give me a break...seems your talking out of both sides of your face if you ask me.

--
A. Dan Leleika
www.a-teamhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: rfarruggia

boy, these guys are desperate.

it is a lousy service (I tried it for six months), as they send out leads to many (not 1-4) other inspectors. It seems they send each lead to any inspector who signs up with them, and get $11 from each. It may work if you are 1. the lowest priced inspector whom they refer and 2. you have someone on staff to return any call immediately.

Just one more way for an advertising company to make easy money off the back of inspectors.

They get tier leads from pay-per-click hits on Google, aol, yahoo etc. Inspectors should just bypass these guys and use the search engines directly. If you intelligently use you keywords, you should be able to get first page listings for about a dime in most places.

Also, I got so many more referrals from NACHI find-an-Inspector than from service magic.

Also, they would not let me 'quit', or suspend the lead service for more than a few weeks. I had to cancel a debit card to stop them from billing me. Too annoying.

NACHI members-

I appreciate the beating that I'm recieving on here. It is giving me a good idea of the concerns with our service. I'm not here to argue, or defend my company to the death. Let me clarify a few things then you guys can have a ball ripping me to shreds. I will waive the $99 enrollment for ANY NACHI member if you'd like to try it out. I said in a previous post that I would only enroll someone in an area that has lead flow. That means that I will enroll any NACHI member for free, but I dont want to waste someones time to enroll if there isn't a lead flow. Sorry for the confusion. We don't send out the lead to more than 4 inspectors. Our system is automated and limits the lead distribution. WE DO NOT SEND THE LEAD TO EVERY INSPECTOR. If we did, we would be out of business because all of our contractors would have a ton of competition. 40,000 contractors use our service, so I guess it works for some people. $11 is not a lot of money to pay to talk to a homeowner that needs an inspection. Even if you only get 1 out of 8. That is an inspection for $88 and you had to make a few phone calls. No contracts, end of story. If anyone wants more information. Send me an email. Go to Google, or yahoo and do a search for home inspection in your city. Who comes up? ServiceMagic.com. Internet marketing is gaining strength. Our client base includes over 40,000 contractors and we have over 3 million visits per month. It doesn't work for everyone, but a lot of people love our service. You never know until you try. Thank you NACHI members for the honest feedback.

--
Jeremiah Maupin
National Account Manager
Service Magic, Inc.
Golden, Colorado
1-877-800-3177 x8521
jmaupin@servicemagic.com
www.servicemagic.com

Originally Posted By: tallen

Quote:
Go to Google, or yahoo and do a search for home inspection in your city. Who comes up? ServiceMagic.com.

Google
Search: Home inspection Tucson Arizona

The first link that points to my site is #6 Service magic is at the bottom of page 4

Yahoo

My personal site is # 4 Service magic's first hit is # 14

MSN

My personal site is #1 Service magic is not in the top 100

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

I just did the same search. Look to the right. We’re at the top of the sponsored links every time.

Due to the negativity, and my work load I will not be replying to this board but once a week. I was trying to help NACHI members, and of course myself. If anyone needs to occupy some time doing inspections let me know. If curious email me your area and I’ll respond with a number of leads I can send you.

Thank you,

--
Jeremiah Maupin
National Account Manager
Service Magic, Inc.
Golden, Colorado
1-877-800-3177 x8521
jmaupin@servicemagic.com
www.servicemagic.com

Originally Posted By: tpszczolkowski

I work for an HVAC Co. that is going to use them.

A couple of points:

• The leads get to you right away so be ready, can’t sit on them long.

• We have seen everyone from Sear to the small shop get leads,

yes I did say Sears.

• If you could stop the service at anytime…why not.

• It’s a one stop shop for the customer, they are using it.

• Around here the jury is still out.

Go to there website and put in the info as if your looking for a service and see what happens.

Is ServiceMagic related to Service Master who also has an Inspection Divison?????

Originally Posted By: tallen

Jeremiah M wrote:
I just did the same search. Look to the right. We're at the top of the sponsored links every time.
Due to the negativity, and my work load I will not be replying to this board but once a week. I was trying to help NACHI members, and of course myself. If anyone needs to occupy some time doing inspections let me know. If curious email me your area and I'll respond with a number of leads I can send you.

Thank you,

No offence intended
I was only posting my results. It was not my intention to be negative about your service.

I never even looked at the sponsored links. I never look at them for any search that I do, as I have found that the regular results (non sponsored) usually get me what I was really looking for quicker.

JMO

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: aleleika

Funny…just had a call to schedule an appointment…the guy found me through Google…He Googled Home Inspector in Illinois and FindanInspector site came up…This happens all the time. And I didn’t pay $11 for the lead (or $89 as you put it if I get 1 out of 8 ). And if I had an expense of $89 for every one single inspection that sells for $350 to $400 then I am adding 22% to 25% expense for my operating cost. Hmmmm I wouldn’t be in buisiness for very long.

A. Dan Leleika

www.a-teamhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

I’ve talked to some contractors who do bigger projects and it seems to work for them because most customers are willing to wait awhile to hear back.

Home Inspection clients are NOT willing to wait more than a few minutes.

Perhaps the newer program of getting the information on your cell phone is more productive for our line of work.

Anybody want to chip in with a success story on this.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

bump