ServiceMagic advertising

Originally Posted By: rsmithson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I recently went to the Servicemagic site to register and to get some information. I did not see any reference to Home Inspection services anywhere. All the other building trades appeared but not Home Inspection. I think this is a good idea but if Home Inspection is not on there list of services I don’t think much will come of it.

Bob Smithson

Originally Posted By: dbush

Bob it is under appraisers and home inspectors.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: rwills

I just signed up with them a couple of weeks ago. I haven’t went on their site to see how customers look us up yet. I did however receive 2 leads from them within a couple days but both picked cheaper Inspection companies. They seem to be mostly concerned about the prices and not the quality of the home inspection…Bob

P.S. there is only a few days left to use the NACHI half price coupon. They will charge you full price $99 and then credit your card back for the coupon. I figured for $50, even if I only get 1 or 2 out of 10 I should make out O.K. They charge$9 for each lead that you accept whether you get the job or not!

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Well,

I hate price shoppers, they usually make the worst clients. Not only do they want to pay the least, they usually want the most for free.

Do yourself a favor, set the tone from the start. Tell them you do not discount and recommend a home inspector that is cheaper than you. If you do not get the inspection, just think of all the grief they are going to cause the poor sole that discounted his inspection.

Joe Myers