Shopping List

Originally Posted By: jmyers
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Gerry,

As expensive as the Malboro's are getting, I have been thinking of changing my brand to the smoke canisters. HE** I would even save a few bucks and lots of lighters! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

PS...I think that professsional equipment carries the smoke canisters.

Originally Posted By: dbush

You can also get them from www.graingers.com. It is a real good place for tools & “Stuff”. They have the canned smoke less than PE did and did not have a minimum number of cans either. If you order online, they can either ship it to you or have it sent to the store nearest you if you are lucky enough to have one near you.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi guys,

just a quick word of caution, going back to a comment of Nick’s earlier, I seem to remember a potential problem with using the wrong type of smoke to test alarms, most of the smoke generators that PE and other sell is for flue and draft hood testing, be carefull that what you buy is OK to use on smoke alarms, I seem to think that some of them can leave a residue on the sensor that can impeed its future saftey. Make sure that you are not inadvertently causing damage. icon_confused.gif

Regards

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Richard Stanley

Would that Spectoscope work in a crawl space? Could a lighting device be attached to it? Anybody know?

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Richard:

I tried the Spectoscope in a crawl space with a digital camera that had a flash and a 30 second timer.

It didn't work well in my opinion. My client thought it was great. All sizzle, no steak. I never tried it with a light.

Nick