Should ASHI raise their entrance requirements?

Originally Posted By: rwand
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Quote:
But none of that has anything at all to do with professional certification, does it? I don't know why you've posted it on this thread, but OAHI's financial situation has nothing to do with that investigative reporter becoming a NACHI certified home inspector. If you mean to distract from the issue at hand, it's not working.

Dave

Seems to me you have no problem quoting Nachi's financial situation, but you continually seem to overlook the problems in other associations. You opened the can of worms not me. Keep the facts straight please.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

http://www.raymondwand.ca
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.)

Originally Posted By: rcooke

Dave Bottoms wrote:
lewens wrote:
So Mr. Bottoms it appears to me that as well as doing home inspection you are also doing home renovations. So in essance you are either a part time home inspector or a part time home renovator. Which is it? and if you are part time at anything you have just lost all credibility with me and I no longer will see the need to pay attention to anything you have to say as in my estimation you are not a home inspector or a renovator and you are probably inviolation of your code of ethics on both fronts.
Larry Ewens CHI

LOL.... priceless, I'm in violation of the COE, yet you're the one who has annointed yourself a certified professional.

Okay, now that we've had our little pissing match for the day, how about we try to stick to the topic and not have it degenerate into another schoolyard fiasco? Think you're up to that challenge, Larry?
Dave

Kind of nice too see Dave has finally admitted he is in violation of the Code of Ethics. He has accused others for so long about their wrong doing .
This is the sign of a true gentleman that will stand up and say I to do not follow the rules .
Thank you Dave you just moved up a great deal in my books.

Roy Cooke sr ...RHI.... CAHPI-ONT.. Royshomeinspection.com

Originally Posted By: jbushart

I have a question.

If you Canadians like to fight so much, how come you're not helping us out in Iraq? ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: rwand

James

Because Iraq is not of strategic importance to Canada. :)
Wanna buy some pre-owned subs? One with fire damage - cheap! :)))

Cheers
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

http://www.raymondwand.ca
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.)

Originally Posted By: rcooke

jbushart wrote:
I have a question.

If you Canadians like to fight so much, how come you're not helping us out in Iraq? ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

I think this might be a good discussion for us all to stay out of as things might be said by both side better left undone .

Disagreements and discursions on the NACHI board looks to me to be on both side of the boarder. I Think Jim does his fair share to

For Your Information My son was in the Canadian armed services in Dessert storm and again in the Golan Heights. My son-in-law is now in the Canadian arm services in Germany on a USA Base for the next four years. Unfortunately the Americans receive filtered news different then the rest of the world . We did have some troops serving in Iraq.

I have some American friends who like to get different news that the subscribe to the Canadian satellites to get information that is never shown in the USA. They need a friend in Canada to get a subscription . Sorry I am full with doing it for FOUR.
Roy Cooke sr........... Royshomeinspection.com

Incidentally I just did an inspection for a Canadian service man who just spent the last four years in the Top secret base at Colorado Springs.

Did You Know one of the recent Commanding Officer of that Base was a Canadian. More goes on between our countries then we know . We have the longest undefended border in the world . We are each others largest trading parties by far . Yes Canada and the USA trade more with each other then any other country

Originally Posted By: jquinn

jbushart wrote:
I have a question.

Didn't Bush say way back that the battle was won ??

Originally Posted By: lewens

Jim

We are in Iraq you just don’t know about it. We are also in Bosnia, Afghanistan, Cyprus, Greece, Germany,etc,etc. We are known as the bet peace keepers in the world. The US goes in and takes care of the problem and then we go in and try to maintain the peace. Yes we have had our problems but that is not the fault of our military it is the fault of our government. They continually ask our boys to do increasingly difficult tasks while cutting them off at the knees. Case in point is the infamous ILTI. This absolute piece of s#!t utility vehicle was supposed to replace the jeep. Jim, if you have ever seen one of these things it would make you cry. The US comes up with a very capable vehicle called a HUMVEE and we have a puddle jumper that will actually fit on the rear deck of a hummer. This is what cost 2 very brave Canadian soldiers their lives when they drove over an Ap mine that wouldn’t have given the hummer a hiccup, so please don’t demean our troops, we do the absolute best we can with the s#!t the Canadian government gives us to work with. We continuously put our lives on the line with absolute crap to work with. We even went to Afghanistan with jungle fatigues for Christ"s sake and if not for your troops giving us desert gear we probably would have lost one hell of a lot more troops than we did.

Just my 12.5 cents

Larry

Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/

rcooke wrote:

Disagreements and discursions on the NACHI board looks to me to be on both side of the boarder. I Think Jim does his fair share to

Moi? pshaw.......

--

www.monachi.org

lewens wrote:
Jim
We are in Iraq you just don't know about it. We are also in Bosnia, Afghanistan, Cyprus, Greece, Germany,etc,etc. We are known as the bet peace keepers in the world. The US goes in and takes care of the problem and then we go in and try to maintain the peace. Yes we have had our problems but that is not the fault of our military it is the fault of our government. They continually ask our boys to do increasingly difficult tasks while cutting them off at the knees. Case in point is the infamous ILTI. This absolute piece of <b>s#!t</b> utility vehicle was supposed to replace the jeep. Jim, if you have ever seen one of these things it would make you cry. The US comes up with a very capable vehicle called a HUMVEE and we have a puddle jumper that will actually fit on the rear deck of a hummer. This is what cost 2 very brave Canadian soldiers their lives when they drove over an Ap mine that wouldn't have given the hummer a hiccup, so please don't demean our troops, we do the absolute best we can with the <b>s#!t</b> the Canadian government gives us to work with. We continuously put our lives on the line with absolute crap to work with. We even went to Afghanistan with jungle fatigues for Christ"s sake and if not for your troops giving us desert gear we probably would have lost one hell of a lot more troops than we did.
Just my 12.5 cents
Larry

Larry,

I certainly meant no disrespect to the brave men and women of your armed forces. About 30 years ago, I served with Canadian airmen in the 24th NORAD Division. I won many a multi-colored stack of paper money in some of the wildest card games with some of the best whiskey....oh, well. That's another story.

I symapthize with your logistical situation and fully understand your frustration. I have a son who is somewhere in the mountains of Pakistan who dodged six mortars that were lobbed at his tent last week. Their only mode of transportation right now is the leather boot and, when lucky, a helicopter. He sounds ten years older every time I get to speak to him.

Anyway, I hope you saw the ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) that followed my original post.

--

www.monachi.org

I know, Jim, I just get my back up when I think of what used to be a very well respected military force has to put up with. I keep thinking of my Grandfather and Vimy Ridge. He was lucky and survived, a back wound. 2 leg wounds and gassed but he survived.

Just my usual 12.5 cents

NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com

Geeze

Talk about thread drift.

Just my usual 12.5 cents

NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com

lewens wrote:
I know, Jim, I just get my back up when I think of what used to be a very well respected military force has to put up with. I keep thinking of my Grandfather and Vimy Ridge. He was lucky and survived, a back wound. 2 leg wounds and gassed but he survived.

The battle of Vimy Ridge is one of the greatest battles in Canada?s history. For the first time in the Great War, all four Canadian divisions fought together on the same battlefield. Canadian valour and bravery brought about a fantastic victory, not only for Canadians but for the entire Allied force.

The goal of the battle of Vimy Ridge was to achieve the ever elusive breakthrough in the German lines. It was at Vimy Ridge that the German?s heavily fortified Hindenburg Line made a junction with many other trenches along the front. Behind the ridge there also lay many of German factories which were vital for the construction of munitions and other war materials. In the battle, it was the Canadians? task to take a portion of the ridge and two important hills where the Germans had built strong defences.

Vimy Ridge was a formidable barrier for the Allies to breach. A natural hill and barren slope provided little cover for attacking troops and gave a good vantage point for fortified machine guns and artillery to fire on invaders. The Germans had built their own fortifications consisting of three layers of trenches, barbed wire, deep tunnels into the hill, and a light railroad to carry supplies to the front.

The Allied strategy was well thought out and extensive preparations were made. Lessons learned earlier in the war were used to develop an effective battle plan. Engineers built elaborate tunnels deep under enemy lines, a light railroad was constructed and defended, and heavy artillery was brought aid in the battle. The troops trained on sites behind the front on terrain very similar to that on which they would be fighting.

On April 2, 1917, artillery bombardment was stepped up to wear down enemy soldiers. Before the battle began, more than one million shells had been fired into German trenches. Early in the morning of April 9, 20,000 soldiers attacked in the first wave of fighting in the battle of Vimy Ridge. The Canadians were extremely successful and took the ridge by afternoon. In the next days they achieved all of their objectives.

Vimy Ridge proved to be a turning point in World War I. Canadians were an important part of this epic battle. They fought exceptionally and were awarded four Victoria Crosses for that single battle. The Victoria Cross is Canada's highest award fopr bravery. The entire Canadian contingent was commended as being an elite fighting Corps.

(The information, above, is provided for those non-Canadian readers who may not be familiar with the bravery and sacrifice of these men.)

--

www.monachi.org

Nothing wrong, IMO, when a thread drifts toward a topic of virtue. icon_wink.gif

On second thought, maybe this is not "thread drift" after all. The greatest achievement in Canadian military history seems to have been accomplished when four Canadian Divisions were no longer "divided", but came together to fight as one force. Hhhhmmmmmmm

--

www.monachi.org

It was because of those four Victoria Crosses that a small street in Winnipeg Manitoba was changed from Pine Street to Valour Row. Three of the VC winners came from Valour Row.

Just my usual 12.5 cents

NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com

Originally Posted By: rbennett

Google is a great tool to find where the essay came from

I need an inspection to clear my head

Got to get a total of 250 in to be legal in Fl

RLB

http://collections.ic.gc.ca/turner/index.html

Here is where the essay came from.

--

www.monachi.org

I just found a website for an ASHI member and he has a logo that states he is a “Certified Member” of ASHI. Most other logos I see are for “Member”, since “candidates” are not allowed to display them.

What must one do to be a "Certified Member" of ASHI? Do they now have a third category of membership?

--

www.monachi.org