Shower drain question

If I come across something I don’t understand while doing a home inspection I will research it before coming to the forum. Some inspectors make a living out of grabbing the low hanging fruit and relying on others opinions. Those inspectors will end up in court lighter in the wallet.

You clearly don’t have an understanding about the pipes you are looking at. The pipe and fittings were assembled by an amateur. There are a number of code violations. The numbering of the pipe and fittings is a dead giveaway this was not done by a professional. Best of luck in your career it sounds like you’re off to a great start😘

LMAO! It’s 3 inch you can do anything with that pipe :rofl:

It’s all approved horizontal long sweeps or 45. 4”to 3” wc 90, all 3” main except 2” shower in center. 1 1/2 vanity turning in that curved and incomplete, will have a 1 1/2” vent for it. The rest to the left or top is 3” dry vent stack

I’ve been in the business since 1993, I’ve already had my start pre millennium.

What’s wrong with numbering and alignment?

Is a small bathroom and the whole preexisting house is on 3” with no blockage or siphoning issues.

This is an additional stack/drain ran the the street around the house. Clean out right outside the wall.

Anywho, what I expected was an s trap debate, but I see some are only capable of trying to be cocky and no reasonable discussion. On a plumbing inspection section of a home inspection website.
It’s not just about code, it’s about the mechanics.

Sounds good. Was just commenting on what caught my eye. Like I said, the pics may be deceiving. That’s why it’s hard to inspect something from just a couple pictures.

1 Like

I was only answering your original question, but
For starters, that toilet line needs to drop about 3", don’t know how you are going to mount a toilet 3" off the floor.
Also should have gotten rid of that long sweep and attached into the main line lower with a wye.
Second, not sure what that 1.5" line is for, but it should have come up inside the wall, not across the concrete.
Like Martin said, lots of defects

1 Like

Most plumbers would use a street elbow under a toilet flange. The long sweep is another indicator the installer and inspector are clueless.

1 Like

I see that and its running under the footing without a sleeve. Remember that part about the plumber and inspector not having a clue. Do yourself a favor and send these pictures to an independent local plumber for his opinion. The questions you are asking are very basic and easily understood by someone who is qualified to inspect that underground plumbing.

No one on here gets paid, there are many concerns which show poor workmanship and you were told as much. You need a professional plumber to resolve your many issues. Which was also good advice.

I doubt anyone is going to redesign your install for you on this forum, since it is not a DIY forum. Someone did provide you with a resource on how to solve your problems, but I doubt you are interesting in reading code.

So, keep scratching, fighting and punching back against those who give excellent advice. It is evident who’s ego is actually on the line here.

2 Likes

I read that too to bottom and screenshot how that code allows almost everything done. Where do you get poor workmanship from? Some of you blow me away with insults and no legit reason to back it up.

The sleeve is for through the concrete, not under…

Wrong again.

That’s a water closet flange designed especially for this application…

There’s a closet flange used that specifically used for this application. And it slopes after.

The 1 1/2 is well in the concrete and a Portland cement bed will go over the 1 1/2 of concrete on top of the pipe.

Nail block plate to be used also.

Lol

It’s a 4” to 3” water closet flange.

Lol