Signature Formatting

Good Afternoon, All…

I’d like to get a little insight on how to format my signature line. Nothing flashy, but just the basics…trying to center things up and add a space between text lines.

Any help would be appreciated. Stay safe out there!

The easiest way is to use a WYSIWYG HTML editor (there are plenty of free web based editors) then copy and paste into the signature dialog box (You can also add HTML/CSS directly).

This is the source for my signature (I have to use a picture because the forum will apply the formatting if I paste it directly). The …br /… entries are hard carriage returns and produce blank lines when placed on a line by themselves.

Thanks, Chuck!

Definitely a step in the right direction, but I still couldn’t get the centering to apply once I copied the source code over…I tried multiple online editors with the same result.

1 Like

Look at my source …div align=“center”… … …/div… (put the < and > where you see them)

This text is centered
------------------------------------------------

Inspection and Reporting at the Highest Level

------------------------------------------------

This is the source for what you are seeing above in the post

1 Like

I’m adjusting mine. Trying to see how it looks.

Still having a little trouble.

Can’t seem to get the line breaks to work. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

I don’t have any idea, but you can put bullets in front and that will keep it on separate lines.

Like mine… :point_down:

Thank you. I will give that a try when I’m back at my laptop.

My signature doesn’t have < br/> after each line. Though now I only have two lines, I used to have more.
Try typing in whatever you want on your first line then toggle down and type the second line and so on.
If that doesn’t work try replacing < br/> with < p>

Figured it out finally! Thanks for the help. For some reason I had to had a blank line between each line. IDK, but it worked. LOL

1 Like

Signature looks the same as it did before. On my phone anyway… I think it’s fine the way it is…

It was all on one line. I kept editing the previous comment, instead of making a new comment every time I made a change. That’s why they look the same now. Didn’t want to flood forum with a bunch of comments.

1 Like

Actually, I just looked at other comments I had made and it looks like they all updated. Hmmm…it was all one line before, I swear. LOL

2 Likes

If you make a change to your signature or profile pic, it changes it on all of your previous posts as well. At least that’s what I’ve noticed.

2 Likes