Signature Requirements for Licensed HI on Wind Mitigation

Hey Everyone. Here is the latest bulletin from Citizens. They are clarifying exactly what they are requiring from home inspectors in order to accept our wind mitigation inspections. It is a MUST READ.

[size=4]Signature Requirements for Licensed Home Inspectors [/size]

IE #027-10 – November 3, 2010

As required by recent  changes to Florida law (Fla. Stat. § 627.711), Citizens now will accept a *[Uniform Mitigation Verification Form](https://www.citizensfla.com/shared/forms/multi-location/OIR_B1_1802.pdf)*(OIR-B1-1802 rev. 02/10) that has been  completed and signed by a Florida-licensed home inspector. The inspector must  have completed at least three hours of hurricane mitigation training, which must  include:
  • Hurricane mitigation techniques
  • Compliance with the Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form
  • Successful completion of a proficiency exam

Prior to submitting mitigation forms to Citizens, qualified home inspectors must provide proof that they successfully have completed the required training and proficiency exam. Citizens will accept a certificate of completion or other documentation, which must include the following information:

• The name of the mitigation training class
  • The name of the home inspector who attended and completed the training
  • The date the mitigation training and exam were completed

The required documentation should be sent to Citizens at homeinspectorsdatabase@citizensfla.com.

Until the *Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form *is updated, home inspectors completing the form should:

• Provide their name
  • Indicate* Licensed Home Inspector *under License Type
  • Provide their Department of Business and Professional Regulation license number on page 4

In addition to the changes outlined above, Citizens now allows certain licensed home inspectors to complete and submit a Roof Condition Certification Form (CIT RCF-1). For more details on who may submit mitigation documentation, please review the Qualified Inspectors and Inspection Requirements](https://www.citizensfla.com/agent/trm_quickref.cfm?show=pdf&link=/shared/training/quick_ref_guides/InspectionRequirements.pdf) references on our website.

Note: As authorized under Section 627.711 of Florida Statutes, Citizens reserves the right to verify any mitigation form completed by a qualified inspector by conducting its own independent inspection. This inspection may be performed either before or after a mitigation form has been accepted and may impact mitigation credits applied towards the policy.

Forms completed and signed by unlicensed home inspectors or by licensed home inspectors who have not provided proof of qualification will be rejected.

In other words, citizens is now complying with the existing law!

This also says that Home Inspectors who are members of Inter-Nachi can now do Roof Certification Inspections!

you beat me to it Michelle.

please post if anyone has any problems!

I have a fillabel form, but it is too big to upload here. If anyone wants it, e mail me.

The correct address to send your certificate information is homeinspectordatabase@citizensfla.com

More info

Well, that is good news!

Correct.

Reminder: Here is the free Wind Mit course: How to Perform Wind Mitigation Inspections Course - InterNACHI® and here is the list we have been asked by the insurance companies to provide them: http://www.nachi.org/certified-wind-mitigation.htm Make sure you are on the list. The list auto updates upon completion of the free, online course.

So are you suggesting that WE send in our own information to this address?

Ken, if you read the memo… it says that home inspectors must be “pre-certified” so if you want to do wind mitigation inspections and not have them get kicked back… I would send in your stuff right away.:wink:

Done!

Thank you Michell (Significant Other of the Evil guy with Nails) NICE… LoL

You are most welcome sir…I am here to help Any way I possibly can!

Regarding my signature… I figured it was better than… “Indentured Servant” LOL!

I keep getting it back and the email does not go through…Hmmmmm

Russ - the email posted on the board is missing a letter it should be:
homeinspectorSdatabase@citizensfla.com
That should work.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

homeinspectorsdatabase@citizensfla.com

Dunno…

5 times…keeps coming back…I wish I had that problem with $100 bills

Yup… I clicked the link right from the bulletin… sent a test message… it came back. Perhaps they are overwhelmed? Gee There is a surprise!

The bulletin has the wrong e-mail. I already contacted Citizen’s and this is the correct e-mail.
homeinspectordatabase@citizensfla.com