Significant water intrusion that is a bit mysterious

No not yet examined in details but good point to include in the process. Thank you

Good luck :grin:

1 Like

Thanks you. I definitely need it :grinning:

Is that a light fixture and is there water in it?

1 Like

Could still be condensation

1 Like

Intensity of condensation can be surprising don’t dismiss it.

1 Like

Hi, Brian. Not sure which part are you referring to as light fixture? The leak is happening from the concrete Slab near an exhaust duct penetration into the slab

You require a plumbing engineering firm suited to track water sources.
Different color non toxic dies can be used to trace the water source, be it potable, waste or sanitary. A pipe may require replacing.
Just a thought.
Sorry for the edits. I was preoccupied.

1 Like

Light fixture?

1 Like

:thinking: I don’t think it is a light fixture but will re-check during next visit

I have few thoughts not to discount HVAC. 1. Filled the pool and leak started. I would probably begin there. 2. If this celling is below grade, you need some plans to see what is running thru the ceiling, i.e. pipe, conduit, rebar. If the exterior concrete sidewall has any penetrations it could be the source. 3. Water test if possible. Pool water will be different from AC condensation and ground water. Best of luck.

1 Like

Very valid points. Thanks, Brian

Having inspected 142 New York City high schools, I would like to suggest the obvious: urine from a disgruntled occupant.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t one smell that, Darren, as regular as it seems to be?

1 Like

@kshepard needs to add another narrative… :wink:

2 Likes

:grinning: it’s not gonna be a 24 hours continuous leak, or we should involve a physician :joy:

1 Like

simple no need to drain

can’t remember if the vid/instructions covers assuring the auto-fill, when present, is turned off

2 Likes