Sill to Sash

A complete guide to windows. A Very informative video!

http://cwdma.ca/video/index.html

Good Post Mario, Thanks

Not quite complete!!! A “Beginner’s Guide to Windows” would be a better name.

The following does a better does a better job on the efficiency of windows and doors.
http://www.oee.nrcan.gc.ca/publications/infosource/pub/renovate/windowsanddoors/section1.cfm?attr=4

Installation and flashing of windows is something I rarely see done well here. There’s a 220 page book written by an archtitectural firm from Mill Valley (north of San Francisco) just on installing windows and doors. I’ve handed out over 1000 copies of their details for installing windows/doors in wood framed structures over the years.

Brian,

Thanks for adding that link.

Seems you can’t help some here!!

Sill to Sash 5/10/08 9:54 AM Your arrogance has no bounds.
(unsigned…little man and jerk!!)

Brian,

I will give you green as soon as the system allows me.

I also suggest to my fellow NACHI members to hold off on those reds and BS remarks to members and non-members alike.

Brian is mostly helpful, the red square and the comments are not warranted, at least not here.

Thanks

You are welcome Billy!

Good link Brian, and here is a greenie from me coming your way. :slight_smile:

Marcel :smiley:

Brian,

I get the same crap. These are the members I was talking to you about in our private e-mail. No desire to learn what so ever.

Great links Mario and Brian
Cant give either of you greenies. System says no.

Sorry, guys. Didn’t have time to search through files for the name of the earlier mentioned book…had to run to an inspection (5 hours plus travelling). Anyways, here it is:

“NAIL-ON WINDOWS: INSTALLATION & FLASHING PROCEDURES FOR WINDOWS AND SLIDING GLASS DOORS”

Available from:

DTA Inc.
495 Miller Avenue
Mill Valley, CA

This address is about 10-12 years old so I don’t know if they are still around or in the same location.

You are so correct sir…
I joined NACHI for the professional input. However there are children and idiots who are allowed to play with the adults computers…
Good post Mario, and one day I will say … Thanks for the beer.
( I haven’t whined about the beer for a while)

http://www.buildersbooksource.com/booksite/images/items/0964577003.jpg

Title: Nail-On Windows
Installation and flashing procedures for windows and doors.

ISBN: 0964577003

Nail-On WindowsInstallation & Flashing Procedures for Windows & Sliding Glass Doors is by local architect Robert Bateman. This book is the answer to leaks, callbacks, and lawsuits over the installtion of todays modern window and sliding door units. Finding installation details (until this book!) has been a Catch 22…Manufactorers refer to “flashing to be in compliance with the Building Code” and the Building Code says: Exterior openings exposed to the weather shall be flashed in such a manner as to make them weatherproof. (UBC section 1402.2)!!! Here at last is a specification with excellent step-by-step installation instructions with beautifully executed perspective drawings of each step! It could not be clearer! 230 pages of extraordinary details of every concievable installation. Don’t install another window or door 'til you’ve checked it out! DTA, Inc.

Author: Bateman, Robert
Publisher: DTA
Categories: Architecture, Building Trades, Reference/Standards, Carpentry/Const Tech,

Our Price: $65.00
add to your cart

Thanks Brian!

Good morning David!:smiley:

Good Evening Mario,

And the babies have started to send their crybabie messages…

I expected nothing less from them brother!

test

Too bad buddy, and I was gonna give you some red…

“You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Romanian A?shole again.”