Slow Time

Originally Posted By: gbell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

For some of you who have been around awhile. Is December a slow month? Any tips for getting more business during this time? Am I correct in assuming that people have other things on their mind? That business will pick up after the holidays. Thanks for any replys.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

I believe nick has, or is putting a few tips in the FAQ. Check and see.

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://5Br40PtpBSvm3doariycnf6INSu.html)

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Use a little “inspector/sleuth” creativity to procure me the email addresses of the real estate agents in you local market. I’ll have NACHI email them something that will make them call/try you. Nick

Originally Posted By: jremas

If anyone could or would graph the peaks and valleys of the business; what are the slowest and the busiest months of the year?

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: rmeyers

and investing a little time sharing your ideas and experiences with others.

Haven't actually used this type of inspection approach myself but would be interested in thoughts and comments.

Hope someone will at least get some ideas from these thoughts! ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

--
Russ Meyers

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I like to try and rent some old Russ Meyers flicks during really slow times… icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Rusty Rothrock

Greg-

I’ve been an HI for 5 years and have been keeping exact records on inspections per month, etc. December is always the slowest month, followed by January, and then August. I get 97% of my business from Realtors (see Jan.31 entry under Marketing Materials concerning Realtors). I basically go with the flow, I take a week’s vacation in August and another one in December. This year I’m also taking two weeks off in Sept. for a trip to China.

Regards, Rusty