Sneak Peek of New InspectorSeek.com Web Site

The “look” of www.InspectorSEEK.com has been updated.

Still working on underlying code.

Sweeeeet!!!:mrgreen:

Boy I have a lot of competition… Almost 198 NACHI inspectors within a 36 mile range. :slight_smile:

I added it to my links, but the link said page not found. Is that because it is still under construction?

Never mind I got it.
(Had to get my 4 yr old to show me)

That’s why I’m not sure if InspectorSeek and FindAnInspector is good marketing are not. With so many inspectors to choose from it starts turning it into a “how much do you charge” war. :twisted:

As the closer (the guy who answers the phone and converts every call into a scheduled inspection) for my multi-inspector firm for many years, I can say that “How much do you charge?” was music to my ears.

My answer was always… “I charge about $100 more than all my competitors, do you have a pen and paper? Good. Let me tell you why I charge $100 more than all my competitors and let me explain why you should spend that extra $100 and hire me.”

I closed 19 out of 20 calls. I think the other 1 in 20 were just my competitors anonymously calling to see how the heck I was doin’ it. :cool:

I see issues with this site.

The first issue is…Some Inspectors are listed twice under the same area.

The second issue is…Why so many inspectors for one area? There is no way all these inspectors are still in business.

I have many clients from out of town that could care less about who the inspectors are near where they are searching from.

Very good points.

I used to get lead/calls from NACHI’s directories a few years ago… in the past few years however I have not had any. I had up to 4 guys working for me at one time, all listed, same results… no calls.

Many people listed are not even inspectors, dead links and so on. I even offered to help clean the list up at one time. I use to submit the non working links but not much done of it.

This is why you need to be listed in several other quality directories for just home inspectors.

Oh and that’s another thing ‘‘Find an Inspector’’ lists all ‘‘members’’ not just ‘‘home inspectors’’.

Nope. Every single person listed has paid dues within the last 12 months.

Deadwood project has been completely caught up. Only exception would be if they went out of business in the past 12 months.

We just have a lot of due paying members.

Nick,

Would you please tell me why there are double listings of some inspectors?

Here’s a small sample…

Go HERE and you will see that #7 & 10 are the same individual and #11 & 12 are also the same individual. Did they pay double on their annual dues?

And this is just one page… What about the rest of the zip codes?

David, read Ray’s post. Double listings isn’t his complaint. He is claiming that

This is false. Everyone who comes up on any www.InspectorSEEK.com has paid dues to InterNACHI within the past 12 months. It is true that some vendors want to be visible like inspectors but there are only a small hanful of them, and they are very much alive and well.

When we saw Ray’s post we cross checked the deadwood project using accounts paid and found not a single inspector in our entire database who hadn’t either joined or renewed in the past twelve months. Not one.

Ray, can you substantiate your claim? As far as we can tell the www.InspectorSEEK.com data base is clean of deadwood.

To answer your question David, it depends on how the consumer did the search. You will note that under the member’s name it will tell the consumer if the member is based in that town, or if not, how far away he/she is. A member can be in more than one town and one location… either because we exhausted all the members in the town that the consumer was searching in and had to display members in other towns nearest who overlap the searched town in that the member services two or more nearby towns, or, in the case of www.FindanInspector.us particularly, the member has listed him/herself in more than one zipcode (we permit 20) and the zipcodes are close by (like in your state Mass) and the search is small (25 miles for instance). See www.nachi.org/tipsforzips.htm

In any case, it is worthwhile to note that all searches tell consumers about how far away the member is and that a member need not be in exactly the town or zip code the consumer is searching in to be displayed.

It looks like those duplicates must have 2 addresses in the system as both of them have different distances listed. Might be something to investigate.

Hey Nick,

I took at look at my immediate area and searched by zip code 30506

The way I look at it is there is 3 issues that need to be addressed, being addressed, or have been addressed:

1. Duplicate or repeated listings some even 3,4,5 times. (David mentioned)
  2. Dead links
  3. Vendors or non home inspectors listed in your ‘‘Find an Inspector’’ directory

Let me say if I am being honest I stand semi-corrected, as of today, from my search and what I could see in my immediate area, you are doing MUCH better as far as cleaning the list up! I know it is a tedious task, but you must admit it got almost out of control the last few years. I have many old emails I sent in showing you my findings of the 3 mentioned issues above.

Now I do not know about other areas, and I encourage other inspectors to look in their immediate areas and run though the list to see if there are duplicate listings, dead links, or non home inspectors listed. Keep up the good work Nick!

So I guesstimate the % of my findings are:

1. Duplicate listings 15%
  2. Dead links 1%
  3. Non home inspectors 5%

MUCH IMPROVED! Always room for improvement!:slight_smile:

Non home inspectors-

http://www.therosecompany.net/ - Cleaning and Maintenance Co.

http://ahearnconstruction.net/ Construction Co.

Jon D. Quinn
Real Time Appraisal Service
» Jon D. Quinn is only about 19.4 miles away from Gainesville, GA.
E-Mail: Send Jon D. Quinn an E-Mail
Phone: View Jon D. Quinn’s Phone Number
Phone: (404) 805-5327

Lavon Jones
LVJ Appraisal Management Company, LLC
» Lavon Jones is about 39.66 miles away from Gainesville, GA.
E-Mail: Send Lavon Jones an E-Mail
Phone: View Lavon Jones’s Phone Number

Links that did not work -

http://cppinspections.com/

Just did another random test in Houston TX. I would say my % estimates of the 3 main issues left to try and correct as much as possible with InspectorSeek are spot on.

Look how many duplicates show here, this was the bottom of a search of Houston, TX

So out of let’s say 100 positions or available spots, the same 3 guys show up 7 times a piece, accounting for 21 of the 100 positions which increase their exposure by ?, then inspectors only with 1 listing it decreases their exposure by ?

Tim Gregory, TREC 5969
Precision Property Inspections
» Tim Gregory, TREC 5969 is about 34.12 miles away from Houston, TX.
E-Mail: Send Tim Gregory an E-Mail
Phone: View Tim Gregory’s Phone Number
Phone: (281) 635-4647

Terry L. Acra, TREC #8952
T.O.C. Home Inspections
» Terry L. Acra, TREC #8952 is about 34.12 miles away from Houston, TX.
E-Mail: Send Terry L. Acra an E-Mail
Phone: View Terry L. Acra’s Phone Number
Phone: (281) 702-0542

Terry L. Acna
T.O.C. Inspections
» Terry L. Acna is about 34.12 miles away from Houston, TX.
E-Mail: Send Terry L. Acna an E-Mail
Phone: View Terry L. Acna’s Phone Number

James A. Lybolt, TREC LIC 8044
Advantage Property Inspections
» James A. Lybolt, TREC LIC 8044 is about 34.46 miles away from Houston, TX.
E-Mail: Send James A. Lybolt an E-Mail
Phone: View James A. Lybolt’s Phone Number
Phone: (936) 443-6986

Terry L. Acra, TREC #8952
T.O.C. Home Inspections
» Terry L. Acra, TREC #8952 is about 34.78 miles away from Houston, TX.
E-Mail: Send Terry L. Acra an E-Mail
Phone: View Terry L. Acra’s Phone Number

Terry L. Acna
T.O.C. Inspections
» Terry L. Acna is about 34.78 miles away from Houston, TX.
E-Mail: Send Terry L. Acna an E-Mail
Phone: View Terry L. Acna’s Phone Number

James W. Hale, TREC #6735
Detailed Inspections ,LLC
» James W. Hale, TREC #6735 is about 34.78 miles away from Houston, TX.
E-Mail: Send James W. Hale an E-Mail
Phone: View James W. Hale’s Phone Number
Phone: (281) 380-0153

Tim Gregory, TREC 5969
Precision Property Inspections
» Tim Gregory, TREC 5969 is about 34.78 miles away from Houston, TX.
E-Mail: Send Tim Gregory an E-Mail
Phone: View Tim Gregory’s Phone Number
Phone: (281) 635-4647

Richard W. Washington, TREC#7238
RW Home Inspections-----rwhomeinspections.com
» Richard W. Washington, TREC#7238 is about 35.23 miles away from Houston, TX.
E-Mail: Send Richard W. Washington an E-Mail
Phone: View Richard W. Washington’s Phone Number
Phone: (713) 385-6456

Samuel C. Smith

» Samuel C. Smith is about 39.53 miles away from Houston, TX.
E-Mail: Send Samuel C. Smith an E-Mail
Phone: View Samuel C. Smith’s Phone Number
Phone: (281) 932-1464

Sam Smith

» Sam Smith is about 39.53 miles away from Houston, TX.
E-Mail: Send Sam Smith an E-Mail
Phone: View Sam Smith’s Phone Number
Phone: (281) 932-1464

You can find this page again by visiting http://www.InspectorSeek.com and searching for “houston, TX”
Thank you for using InspectorSeek!

I just checked everyone on that list and I just don’t see “many listed who are not even inspectors”

Actually, I don’t see any.

They are all members.

No, Double listings is not his complaint. It’s my complaint.

I see names listed two times in my area codes.

WHY?