Snow coverings

Peter,

Why do you have to clear snow from your roof?

New metal roof being installed, nice week to start that!

Ohhhh, great. You picked the perfect time.

Yeah, and next summer I’m planning on insulating the attic!!!

Coool…

No, safety reasons

Get on some roofs, do your job, you tired old DUFFS! Or, send your clients MY WAY.

I absolutely walk most of my snow covered roofs for inspection. What, YOU wanna come back to it in the spring, YOU go right ahead. We have most of our roofs covered with snow in the winter here (Montrose top Telluride, Colorado). If it’s not too steep or dangerous (most are not bad, the snow keeps you from sliding) I’m on it. I clear a few penetrations, and still fiond quite a few torn/deteriorated boots on the jacks. Find lots more stuff too.
My clients want to know what’s going on now, not three months from now when it’s too late. Perhaps I should get paid more than I do.

Thanks for the question - Alan

LOL, you won’t be alive long enought to steal any business from me…:mrgreen: , too funny!

I have a 13 year old to keep in skate boards, LOL

I know you are really trying to do a great job for the buyer but your health is more important. You WILL fall one day. I guarantee it.

You also set a standard that damages the industry. It leaves people thinking all inspectors should behave this way.

Think about yourself, your family and the industry before the consumer. If you want climbing risk go rock climbing.

JC
20 year inspector
40 year rock climber
55 year old goat who has never fallen off a roof nor more than 30 feet on a dynamic line.