So true it is of a generation past

When someone on the block got a new refrigerator we couldn’t wait to get our hands on the box.

If you ever found an old baby carriage you were the “man”. You would make a go cart. It never cost a dime because we used whatever we could find. I remember using a bunch of nails bent over to hold the axle to a piece of 2x4.

10 Likes

All my short pants were my old long pants my mom cut.

11 Likes

Damn, to read this, we’re all related!

The first fall from this generation was the bicycle helmet requirement! :man_biking:

The last was the Covid Mask… :mask:
No recovery in sight from that one.

10 Likes

man some of You guys are old…

10 Likes

…and lived a better, more fulfilled childhood than the following generations ever thought they did. :wink:

8 Likes

Danger!! Danger!! Things are really getting messed up by the next generation. LOL

5 Likes

4 Likes

Mine was green and had a slick on the back. :smile:

1 Like

Mine was a three speed, which was good for a 5-10 mile ride…NOT!

2 Likes

My biggest fear growing up was quicksand. I was pretty sure that next puddle would be the one!

Look how technology has advanced. Now we have sink holes that swallow whole cars. (Not to mention a building or two)

Whooda thunk!

4 Likes

What a fun game this was.

11 Likes

My first video game. Have they changed any…?

8 Likes

…And a father who yelled out at his son who was hysterically crying. “If I hear that sound come out of you again, you’d better have an arrow sticking out of your chest”

6 Likes

My god! You could put someone’s eye out with that game! Plus, it probably doesn’t have “Do not place in butt” on it! :roll_eyes: LOL!

4 Likes

I enjoyed that game, too!..and was pretty good at it. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

It added to the game if each team stood on opposite sides of the house and your target was on the other side.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Don’t look in the mirror, old man!!! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Today, you would be called a conspiracy theorist! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

It is just as important to know where you’ve been as to see where you are going! In fact knowing one helps to clarify the other.

2 Likes