Soil Testing

Does anyone offer soil testing? If so, what lab do you use? Anything local to FL would be great. pH testing, nutrient testing, and testing for fungus/grass problems are what I am specifically looking for.

Any gardening center sells a kit testing soil pH. Kind of like the ones for pools.

Hi Mike –

I generally use an ag lab for that sort of thing. In general, they are geared specifically for that kind of analysis (NKP, CECs, potential acidity, TOCs, porosity, etc), and therefore, they can do it cheaper and quicker than an environmental lab. Many moons ago, I used to be the chemist who performed those analyses at a lab in Wheat Ridge, Colorado called AccuLabs, a division of CDM Limnetics. I believe they have gone the way of the T rex, but I sure somebody filled the gap. Contact your State Ag Office and get a list from them.

Cheers!
Caoimhín P. Connell
Forensic Industrial Hygienist
www.forensic-applications.com

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG