Some people just don't get it

Inspected 11 month old home yesterday. As I was headed into the attic I noticed that there were several ac filters nearby, so I decided to take them into the attic for the buyer. I got a call this morning telling me that the owner was in the attic changing the filters and pulled the filter out and lost his balance and fell through the ceiling landing in the room below. They were upset with me for not telling them to be careful in attics. Just Damn.
](,) ](,) ](*,)

Common sense is priceless isn’t it. :smiley:

Hopefully he just has a broken ego and nothing else. Some people shouldn’t be allowed to “operate” a home.

Charlie, your having one hell of a week…doing a Sellers Inspection, and a client falling through their ceiling, maybe you should take the rest of the week off…:lol:…:lol:

“Common sense isn’t all that common, is it?”…Will Rogers

**I hope You told Him to stay off the roof !!!:shock: **

I don’t know who is dumber, the person who fell through the attic, or the person who was mad at you for not telling them to be careful in the attic.

I’m sure you didn’t tell them to be careful in the shower when the floor is wet either. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I hope they don’t drive a car too! :shock: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

As much as I find this funny, I guess my two cents would be,

Any equipment in an attic space should be accessible for service and an attic catwalk provided to access this equipment without endangering the safety of the Mechanic, Inspector, or Homeowner.

Marcel :wink: :smiley:

Some people could have the Golden Gate bridge as their catwalk, and would still manage to fall off. :shock:

Sorry Brian, I was in the Commercial World again, but that is absolutely funny. LOL I believe I have had a few employees that would fit that description. :wink:

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink:

**Marcel… I had one guy that rolled off a roof we were putting on a house …luckily un-hurt…so i sent Him inside to work in the attic we were adding insulation to…of course he fell through to the dining room…I just had to let that guy go before He killed himself…:roll: **

Those kinda guys make good gardeners, digging deep is considered pre-plannig :wink:

Yesterday I did a preclosing insp. and the buyer stated that one of the guys went in the attic and fell through and into the tub. Laid there for about 30 minutes and then got up and left. The next guy had to finish the attic work so he went up and broke another hole by the same bath but only his leg came through.

Alright guys, you are absolutely funny LOL.

Barry, I hear gardeners don’t have to dig down 6’ anymore, ah I forgot, the frost don’t go down that deep where your from. :smiley:

You would think that common sense would have told the homeowner to install some sort of landing in front of the filter area. Why do a ridiculous balance act two or three times a year? That’s his/her own fault.

headscratch.gif

headscratch.gif

If the HVAC system is in the attic, Id hope there was a “working” platform around it.

Peter, you got that out of the Architectural Digest or you got good mechanical contractors that demand a service plateform.

AC Plywood to boot, man should of been painted. ha. ha.

Peter, if this is one of your picture, the first two rafters to your upper right, one seems to indicate a scab on the rafter and the first one appears to change color in the wood indicating something changed.

I am not trying to find fault, curious after noticing. Incandescent bulb? Yea I know, they all use that right?

Noooooooo I googled the pic. I didnt want to wade through all my pics to find a good example of a plateform around a attic HVAC system. Good catch though my firend. :smiley:

Wow, if only 1% of the attic systems looked like that…!

I’d almost sleep up there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Two or three times a year? Try every 30 days (recommended by most manufacturers.

Will …I tell them it depends on the air quality.(true)
Attic installations are just a bad idea anyway.Hope they had a pan.