Something to think about before calling it a night

Tonight my hardest task is getting my toddler to settle down and fall asleep in her bed in her room. Normally her tricks to prolong bedtime would put me in a sour mood, but tonight I am getting her that extra glass of water. I am giving her another hug and kiss and will tuck her in her soft sheets for the third time.

Tonight, in Ukraine however, Ukrainians are sleeping in abandoned subways to escape the air raids.

So while you are getting ready for bed and lay down in your nice warm sheets, please remember to pray for the people of Ukraine.

From Jordan Cristinoiu

47 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

Pray for our leaders :pray:

8 Likes

The buyer from my inspection on Monday is from the Ukraine. Her children and her parents are still there and cannot leave. I do not know if this is due to finances, Visas, or restrictions. Obviously, she was a nervous wreck and the invasion had not even started. Can’t imagine what she is going through now.

It really makes all the crap that affects my day seem pretty petty.

12 Likes

5 Likes

Prayers to the Ukrainian People that they will be victorious over the evil that Putin is attempting to force upon them and that they will get to keep their country, their freedom and their democracy.

12 Likes

I can trace my most distant known relative to Lviv Ukraine (Kazimier Wilczynski 1840). It’s terrible what is happening there. I can’t imaging what they are going through. People are protecting their homes with small arm. They have a president that is holding his ground. Biden would flee the country and hide in an underground bunker.

I look up to them and their country.

6 Likes
8 Likes

The media tells us Russia is bogged down with only 50% of his troops in country.

This is what I think. Putin is old KGB, therefore he is very “intelligence oriented”. He has spies and sympathizers in country. Therefore, first he is going to locate President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. Second he will make a move to capture or kill him. If successful, he will then place a general in charge and finalize his invasion.

Not much different than our Iraq campaign which included the regime change.

3 Likes

And all because we hired the court jester to rule the White House.

10 Likes

10 Likes

Facts: Trump, along with several other Republicans, praise the “genius” Putin, a dictator and a tyrant. It’s headlined on the Russian press. What kind of US patriot would ever say that! Don’t praise the tyrant and the want to be tyrant. This is the time for all of us to embrace the value and the defense of democracy from tyranny. Our leaders of the free world are tasked with this, yet not start a nuclear war! This is reality, this is not the hypothetical “if I were president…” I admire the resolve of the Ukrainian people and the wisdom of their leader. The Ukrainians were wise to elect Zelenskyy, who is showing his wisdom and leadership right now. He demonstrated wisdom when Trump tried to blackmail him about Ukrainian “corruption”, prior to Trumps landslide loss in 2020. This is Ukraine’s time. Their leadership and citizens earned our admiration and support.

11 Likes

American made and better than anything Russia can produce. The only vodka I drink.

8 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

That was because Putin was out maneuvering us.

If you would remember correctly and stop with the CNN pundit talking points, Trump did the same thing with Kim Jung-un. He gave him respect until America was disrespected. Then Kim Jung-un became “Rocket Boy”.

Trump also knew the only way to negotiate with Russia was to have Russia at the table so you can communicate the benefits of peace which leads to prosperity. Putin’s NATO concerns with Ukraine have been continuously ignored by the west. We offered no assurances, no updates to our position or any interest in compromise.

Putin saw this as a continuous unattended threat. Combine this with his insanity, a desire for a united Russia and a weak American leadership…this is the result.

Biden is President now and much of his foreign policy mimics years back when Russia took Crimea. Or when ISIS ruled the middle east.

A weak America gets taken advantage of. The Ukrainians are not the only ones who will suffer. Hopefully, Biden’s upcoming State of the Union is not just spin, but a real solution our woes here at home.

2 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

Hope they lose many more, so they think twice of what they have started.

9 Likes