Space Heater - Manufactured name: "Warm Manning"

Originally Posted By: Craig Shap
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

The house is over 40 years old - had this heater installed and vented through a “B vent” see photos attached…Serial number and model not obtainable. Has anyone ever seen such a thing. Looked like an old record player at first.

This is the image of the exterior vent... Should I indicate a disclaimer about the vent crossing over the path of the windows above?

![](upload://qmnI1jPwlq8y0ticJOfjVvqrS1G.jpeg)![](upload://dtUCJR7xjpXNPtVLRIcEjoeCaja.jpeg)

--
CAS Atl GA.
The Hometeam Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

High to all,

Craig, I've only been able to open one of your two pictures, but I'm guessing from the description that the gas powered furnace that you're looking at is probably a "Dynavent" they were somewhat popular 30 to 40 years ago but have been out of production for some time, replacement parts are impossible to get but there is one company who manufacture direct replacement.

Because of the age of these appliances, and then having a somewhat problematic heat exchanger I would always recommend further evaluation by licensed professional.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Gerry - I am working the report as we speak. Thanks for getting back to me. Would you also make a reference about the venting system which runs directly in the path of 2 exterior window… another words the venting system exits the home exterior wall through the basement and runs verticle straight past the path a 2 windows.

[img]Exteriorvent.jpg[/img]

--
CAS Atl GA.

Hi Craig,

What you are looking at their now I can see the pictures is what we call in this area a console heater there is no heat exchanger the gas flame warms up the ceramic tiles on the front of the furnace or heater and radiates heat into the room visa no and is norrmally pretty bombproof

regards

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

would you say the ventilation is suffucient?

CAS Atl GA.

Yes the flue looks about right for the output of that appliance but I would hope that there is a reasonable some reasonable supply of combustion air as those things eat up a lot of oxygen.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

icon_lol.gif Thanks very much for your input as I understand the operation of this heater…

Greatly appreciated.

--
CAS Atl GA.