Originally Posted By: bhendry
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
Here’s a Sparky issue:
For our purposes - this is a hypothetical situation. The names were changed to protect the innocent.
We inspected a house today in a new neighborhood that had two nearby houses recently catch fire - reportedly due to electrical problems - per the client. These are $500k nice area/nice looking/gated community houses. Client says the fire investigator reported the cause to be an electric problem - one fire related to a bedroom lamp, the other to attic wiring. We drove by one that had fire damage. BTW - we weren't there specifically for the fire/electric thing.
We read up to 15% voltage drop on back stabbed utility outlets in several locations using a 15A test. I would want all the outlets rewired - what say you?
The multiple panels were all correct. The ceiling light cans were rated for direct contact. The fans were high dollar and looked like pro installed. Everything except the back stabbed outlets looked good. What else would you look for - specifically.
I'd appreciate a constructive comment or 2 from the Sparkies.