Stack vent termination height above roof?

P3103.1 Roof extension.
All open vent pipes which extend through a roof shall be terminated at least [number] inches above the roof or [number] inches above the anticipated snow accumulation, except that where a roof is to be used for any purpose other than weather protection, the vent extensions shall be run at least 7 feet (2134 mm) above the roof.

You can’t fix stupid… :wink:

Unfortunately for you, you once again show how you’re making it up as you go and you’ve been (again) caught in your BS

Your following of logic is an hilarious line by the way… Maybe you should re-state on how you thrive on being a hypocrite!

Tsk, tsk… Marcel… “WAFI-Plonker”

your puerile & fictitious reply would be a disservice to all associated with the inspection & only goes to prove your incompetency

WTF

is MB traffic so low that nicky has to approve woodheads posts just to get hits? :roll:

Why don’t you provide proof instead of promising pictures to support your lies?

At least I dug out printed information.

Don’t even go there.

This legend in his own small mind is liar and a fraud.

Once again I stand corrected by the one and only Kevin Wood, Master of Nothing. Good to see you haven’t changed. See you next year.

Got proof?

How about I supply a picture. Here’s an interesting write-up.

Check it out.

Plenty of inaccurate and irrelevant advice here and not a single mention of an 18" vent stack requirement anywhere.

And he has the cheek to call other people stupid and morons.

For members of the public who are reading this, not all homes are built in a North-South orientation. Not all weather patterns create high snow loads on a North slope. Water in any of it’s forms (gas/liquid/solid) can cause damage to a property. To suggest otherwise indicates the lack of education of the poster.

Disclaimer: Mr Wood is not a member of InterNACHI or to the posters knowledge any other recognised professional association or society that requires their Inspectors to maintain a level of competence, respect and ethical behaviour. He is a self-professed expert in everything yet on multiples occasions shown that he is prepared to make a U-turn on anything he says.
He continually fails to provide evidence or proof of anything he posts. His information may only be accurate some of the time, but it’s difficult to tell when because of the vague way in which he presents his arguments and the lack of evidence and proof.
The strong recommendation is that when a post is made on any message board or social media site it should be verified to see if it is the poster blowing their own trumpet or actual giving concise, accurate information.

Is it just me or did the last year fly by?

I stand by all of my comments WAFI. That’s certainly more than can be said for you.

You were proven to be a fraud, a liar and a conman. The fact that you’ve come back to this message board just proves how stupid you really are.

1 Like

The link you provided is at the provincial level. Regulations changes city by city here in Canada. Provincial lvl is just a minimum that we must follow but city officials can decide to set rules above that. Take note that here in Canada we get a lot of snow, a 3" pipe with at 6" height above roof level would just get blocked by snow and ice. I recommend 12 inches but many do recommend 18 Inches and it wouldn’t be too crazy considering the amount of snow we get. By the way as a home inspector (Not new construction) you cannot refer to the code for your reports, soo this is just opening a can of worms…

Welcome Sebastien! Not only do regulations change city by city, they can also change on a yearly basis. What was 6 years ago, may not be the same today.

Can’t and shouldn’t are two different things.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t****

1 Like

haha My bad It just said september and not the year, first time commenting and figuring out the page.

2 Likes

No problem Sebastien. It happens all the time and just a subtle way of pointing it out. Again, welcome and don’t be shy jumping in with your thoughts and comments.

2 Likes

Good morning,
I have vent pipes on the roof that meet the minimum requirements of height of pipe. However, the previous owners installed/had installed a roof top central air system/swamp cooler that was put directly overtop of one of the vents. What is the required clearance for this from the top of the pipe to the bottom of the central air unit.