State Farm Insurance for E & O

Originally Posted By: gjohnson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Some discussion came up from the meeting in Kansas last Saturday about State Farm offering E & O insurance for Home Inspectors. The rates seemed really low so as we are all skeptical now thanks to Nations Hazard.

I talked to my own agent as well as someone in the State Farm Specialty insurance division.

State Farm is now offering E & O Insurance for Inspectors. However they are not writing general liability. So there is no package there. All premiums are being done on a case by case basis. If this is something you want to look into it is suggested that you call your local State Farm agent and they can help you with the application. One of the exclusions is that you must have been in business for two years.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Gary, can you send me info on who you talked to? I talked to several people and they claim State Farm offers no such thing.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: slanicek

Local SF agents here have said as of right now they’re not touching E&O for inspectors. I even inquired one office via a friend of mine that has been with them for over 20 years and eusa_naughty.gif regardless of how well they know you.

Originally Posted By: sspradling

Maybe it’s a regional thing. My SF agent obtained e&o and general liability-2 separate policies, seperate deductibles, different policy #'s. Price is better than anyone else.

Stu

Originally Posted By: rjonson

I talked with my local State Farm Agent yesterday, and was informed that they could not provide coverage for Home Inspectors any longer, unless you already had coverage through them (no matter how much experience or credentials you had). icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Rand,

You may want to have them call back because I spoke with a lady in the specialty insurance division. As soon as I find her name I Will post it. But she says that the E&O is very new. What they cannot offer is General Liability.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895