State Farm

Should be load of fun when you are forced to do these inspections at $25. :roll:

Not for nothing folks but the last time I did such an inspection requiring roof dimension and detail dwgs. I snapped a couple 3D Google Earth photos of the roof top and attached them to the report. It was met with “thanks for the novel approach”.

I started using this technique on commercial inspections so show a birds eye view of the buildings, surrounding streets, grounds and parking areas and would include the photos with the report.

Bruce Gregory
Florida Home Inspector 1167
Florida Mold Assessor 450
InterNACHI Certified HI# 10120503
http://HomeandBuildingInspectors.com

Check the county’s property appraisers website where the house is located. It might have a layout of the house with measurements. It it does, it saves a lot of time.

No offense intended but the novel approaches are what is making these things a problem.

Only provide the information requested on the form or you are doing us all a disservice.

I charge $100. 8-

I wont do them for $75.00. But I have lost a lot of them to those that will

I don’t either. will not touch one for less than $150 unless it is an add on with the home inspection in which case i will discount too $75.

This is why guys that do them for $75 are moaning about doing a roof diagram Da!! it is required if the roof is not 100% hip. How else can you certify that the one sided gable on an otherwise hip roof is less than 10% of the overall roof without doing the math. Unless a gable is a reinforced rake beam how can you calculate the % of framed wall on a gable truss. Oh that’s right it is 100% reinforced masonry gable walls don"t count. And of course for $75 they are pulling back the insulation to verify that the required bottom cord blocking is in place at the 4 truss bays behind the gable truss. Just take a picture from the attic stair of the gable x brace and call it a day

Stop turning mole hills into mountains.

Only give the information that is asked for on the form. That is all that is required. A diagram is not required. Please keep charging $150.00 and taking longer than you should it is great for me.