State of Pennsylvania 2005 NEC

State of Pennsylvania

The Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry recently issued an Advisory on certain electrical requirements in the Uniform Construction Code (UCC). The UCC was enacted January 1, 2007 and is based on the 2006 ICC Codes including, the ICC Electrical Code 2006, International Building Code 2006, which both utilize the 2005 National Electric Code and the International Residential Code 2006, which contains electrical provisions based on the 2005 National Electric Code**.**

The 2005 National Electric Code and the International Residential Code 2006 contain two provisions that have effective dates of January 1, 2008. The requirements are NEC Section 410.73 (G) and IRC Section E3802.12. NEC Section 410.73 (G) requires a disconnecting means for fluorescent luminaires (fixtures) that utilize double-ended lamps and contain ballast(s) that can be serviced in place or ballasted luminaires that are supplied from multiwire branch circuits and contain ballast(s) that can be serviced in place, which are installed in other than dwellings and associated accessory structures.
The other requirement is Section E3802.12 of the IRC, which requires all branch circuits that supply 120-volt, single-phase, 15- and 20-ampere outlets installed in bedrooms to be protected by a combination type arc-fault circuit interrupter. The requirements will be imposed on all electrical work for which an application for a UCC building permit is made on or after January 1, 2008.

And the advisory said?

tom

Tom, I think the advisory was simply a general reminder that these two provisions have an enactment date of 1/1/08.

Oh, I would say dur… but this was true since the 2005 was adopted in 05.

I thought there was a stay on enforcement, since I have not seen ‘combination-type’ afci’s readily available yet.

tom

Look here :wink:

More Information for:

Arc-fault Circuit Interrupters, Combination Type

Readily available? :wink:

Home Depot, Lowes, or our local supply shops? I’ll have to look harder.

tom

Ask Here or Call UL :slight_smile:

I guess I’ll be picking these up.

http://tnblnx3.tnb.com/emAlbum/albums/Stakon/GM1368_Luminaire.pdf

tom