Stats Question For Nick or Chris

All I need them to buy is one and then just tell a friend.

Just one example of what happened this very week my client and I were talking how he found me. He said had a friend he works with that had used me as a inspector and was telling him in these exact words not mine ( Hire that Bad A** inspector from Ponca City he will give you a great inspection) this was 50+ miles from Ponca City.

I say again its Showing IR not telling (Talking) about CMI that brings in the clients been at it since 07 Do you really think I am dumb enough to pass over CMI if I thought I needed it to bring in clients. I get paid twice for my IR investment, residental and commercial and its a lot more fun;-):wink:

Charley you talk as if No other Inspector actually does a Killer inspection and has no referral base? My referral base is a huge % of my work, and goes back many years with many repeat clients. That reslly wasn’t the point I was trying to make here.

I was simply saying the the Designation of Certified Master Inspector is a very powerful marketing tool. As Nick says, those are 3 very powerful words at least in the Inspection business.

I will agree with you that they won’t do too much for building referrals, or repeat clients if an inspector can’t back up all their claims with an Inspection that is top quality. But put all of that together and now the overall package is starting to develop;

Jim

Your not getting my point its not about killer inspections its simply put the average person does not necessarily believe a stranger you can shout as loud as you want I am a certified master inspector and you can not find a better inspector than me, will the client beleive you probally not your a stranger. Now on the other hand let the prospectve clients best friend tell him hey that master guy that did my inspection he is great you should use him. Human nature he believes his friend be it right or be it wrong he beleives.

I beleive thats called third party selling and it works with anythng CMI, IR Cars, Trains and Planes and even balloons and lemon aid BTW it probally would work with re-call chek , warranties and alarms ya otta give that a try

It’s the “just tell a friend” part that is tough.

I’ll tell you a funny story. I did an inspection for a nice couple once. They loved it of course. Thought I was the best thing since sliced bread. Only about a week later I saw them in the grocery store. They were both looking at me kind of strange. So I went up to talk to them. The wife said, that she and her husband recognized me and know me from somewhere, they just can’t remember where. I reminded them that I was their home inspector and that I just did their home inspection. Point of the story… if clients who love me can’t remember how they know me, a week after I met them, they probably aren’t going to remember my phone number to pass on to their friends. Staple you business card to a www.nachi.org/now.htm book folks, because that the only hope of them hangin’ on to it. Faces and business cards get lost… but people save books.

Charley, I completely understand what you are saying, and I agree. My “Third party” referrals are awesome. just like you say yours are, and that’s all great. BUT all I am saying is add to that Nicks magic 3 words “Certified Master Inspector” and now you have takin all your great hard work and referrals and added a bit more too it.

Referrals are great and a large % of my in sections come from them, however Marketing to new clients is always something that will be necessary for any business to continue growth. If you are the exception to that, then A Huge Congrats to you and mt best wishes my friend.

To most others I am sure that Marketing their businesses is a big part of what we do and all I said from the beginning of this thread was that being able to add CMI to that marketing adds a very powerful tool. Just sayin…

Jim

Most clients don’t remember my face, my name or my phone# I am just the guy with that funny camera and when their friends are buying a home they remember the camera its all they have to remember and I get found. I have no competition for IR in my area. Its like being the only water hole in the Mohave desert:D;-)

Yeah, that is like being the only water hole in the Mohave desert. Not many CMIs in your area either. Find a Certified Master Inspector®

No IR cameras. No CMIs. I’m moving there.

That is ok I can handle it without being a CMI all I need is my camera:p:D

Just walking in that room with sock feet could detect that Charley. But I look for cold spots and then test with a much more accurate device.:mrgreen:

Try putting your stinking socks in your report and see how much business that creates for you meat head:shock: we are talking marketing here :stuck_out_tongue:

Easy Charley!!! I did not post to offend you.

I don’t get offended I just did not want you to feel neglected keep you on your toes so when the Pope jumps your case:D:shock:

Charley, I think you are getting worked up here boss over nothing. I ad

mire your knowledge and skills in the biz, especially in reference to IR.I have only been in it for about 1 year and still do not advertise it at all nor charge for it when I do take out the camera at an inspection. Not yet anyway. I am not fooling myself nor would I ever try to fool a client, I have just entered the IR world and have Tons to lean and practice before I would be ready to go at it. Fortunately I do have many friends in the biz that I can go to for assistance when needed, Dale, Dave, Linas etc… Hopefully you to bro.

Anyway I commend you for having your market all locked up, I sure hope you keep it that way boss.

Anyway this thread really was not started to end up in any battle or pissing match with you or anyone. Simply wanted to get some stats on Home Inspectors and CMI. Just because it IS a fantastic Designation to have and use for your individual advantage in your marketing.

Those that don’t think the CMI designation is worth anything worth get it, those that do will. Simple as anything else.

Jim