Staying Busy.

Originally Posted By: ekartal
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello eveyone,

Do HI's get a lot of work in the winter? I understand that Holiday time can be very slow, but what those of us that live in a place like Chicago where it can be brutal for months. Some of the HI's around here tell me they are very busy once the new year starts. Are there a lot of people buying homes when it's -15 degrees and 15" of snow?

Thanks Erol

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

This was very true before Al Gore invented the internet. Buyers (and we REALTORs) don’t want to be out looking at homes in the snow. The internet is changing things a bit. Buyers can go home-(and inspector) shopping online when its snowing or dark. Hence NACHI’s bias toward internet marketing.

Many home buyers with children start looking in the spring with the intent of moving in the summer so as not to take their kids out of their school mid-year.

Nick

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Erol,

When I lived in Northern Virginia, I did just as many inspections in the cold dark days of December, January and February as I did in the Dog days of August. The crawl spaces were a tad on the chilly side, but at least you don't lose 10 pounds in the attic like we do here in Florida in the summer. If you market your business properly, and get a good reputation, you will find that business is pretty steady all year.

Blaine