Steep grade is eroding and becoming unsafe to walk.....

Just performed an 11 month warranty inspection and the homeowner wanted to know if anything could be done about the side yard. It is very steep and it is eroding. Here in WA, rain is the enemy!! And we’ve been having an extremely wet winter. If it keeps eroding, it will eventually undercut the pad that the air conditioner unit is sitting on. If you zoom in on the picture that shows the AC unit you can see the left-hand corner is already being undercut a little.
How would I or should I say, can I write this in the report as being an issue for the builder to fix with the warranty? I understand some builders may not warranty issues with the grade but this seems to be a safety issue for walking and the erosion issue undermining the AC unit.
Should I worry about writing a possible fix? And if so what are some possible fixes for this issue.

Thank you and advance for your support,

Ken Biretz
Benchmark Home Inspection LLC
Puyallup, WA

IMG_2537.JPG

IMG_2535.JPG

IMG_2537.JPG

IMG_2537.JPG

IMG_2537.JPG

Proper ground cover would go a LOOONG way to preventing erosion!

Concentrate on documenting the deficiency and negative consequences. Let the owner deal with negotiating with the builder and asserting what is / is not covered under the new home warranty.

I agree with Manny that you can’t expect barren ground to stay put on a steep hillside like that. Who was supposed to install ground cover?